Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the other day i got out of the pilot and stepped in a small puddle of motor oil. i thought i had cleaned all of it off but i got in and went home. then i noticed little oil stains on my floor mat :( . what kind of cleaners do you guys use on the carpeting? whats best to take out oil?

·
Registered
199 Posts
I've had good luck with Woolite spray-on carpet cleaner. It's easy on the fibers (doesn't dissolve nylon!), takes out most stains, and leaves a reasonable smell (no solvent smell).

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Although I've never tried it on oil stains, I use a product called Resolve on all of my carpets (automobiles, as well as the wall-to-wall carpeting in the house). The stuff works great on food stains, baby's barf, dirt & mud, postman's sperm, etc... :4: :17:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
kemosabe said:
Although I've never tried it on oil stains, I use a product called Resolve on all of my carpets (automobiles, as well as the wall-to-wall carpeting in the house). The stuff works great on food stains, baby's barf, dirt & mud, postman's sperm, etc... :4: :17:
I use the foam versio of it on my carpet an then scrup with a sponge mob. Then I vacuum it with a shop vac. This works for me but there may be better ways that I haven't tried.

May I suggest that you not keep your mail box in your house. :D

·
Registered
367 Posts
SIMPLE GREEN

I have always had great results using simple green;it leaves a good smell also.I don't think my success is because of the cleaner,I think whatever syn fiber the carpets are made of is very resistant to staining.It also wears like iron.Luck,Charlie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts