Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Clank sound when driving but not when stepping on gas, only when I release gas paddle. Sounds like from left front.

561 5
As descripted in title. If I am accelerating, no sound, as soon as I release the paddle, the clank clank sounds comes on.

Thanks.

CY
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
12,814 Posts
Any way you could post a video where we hear it clearly?

· Super Moderator
5,151 Posts
I had a clank clank bang bang sound before on my Pilot, found a broken SB link. The noises you stated can come from several different systems. Have someone stand safely besides the Pilot as you demonstrate the noise. Securely lift the Pilot with safety in mind and look for possible issues with suspension, exhaust, brakes etc. Your description is just a little too basic for an internet diagnosis.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you pl and Aggrex! I will try to get a video of the sound. And I thought this might be typical, since it's not always there, but only when rolling. And I think I might have had this sound long time ago with an Acura, and it was something brake boot ...
Thanks again for your help!
cy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.