Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As descripted in title. If I am accelerating, no sound, as soon as I release the paddle, the clank clank sounds comes on.

Thanks.

CY

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,250 Posts
Any way you could post a video where we hear it clearly?

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
I had a clank clank bang bang sound before on my Pilot, found a broken SB link. The noises you stated can come from several different systems. Have someone stand safely besides the Pilot as you demonstrate the noise. Securely lift the Pilot with safety in mind and look for possible issues with suspension, exhaust, brakes etc. Your description is just a little too basic for an internet diagnosis.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you pl and Aggrex! I will try to get a video of the sound. And I thought this might be typical, since it's not always there, but only when rolling. And I think I might have had this sound long time ago with an Acura, and it was something brake boot ...
Thanks again for your help!
cy

·
Registered
2006 Honda Pilot 2WD
55 Posts
Check for bad motor mounts. Have someone in the driver's seat with the brake on shift between reverse and drive and back and forth. Look at each motor mount as they cycle through the gears.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Check for bad motor mounts. Have someone in the driver's seat with the brake on shift between reverse and drive and back and forth. Look at each motor mount as they cycle through the gears.
you will observe the engine shifting when load is applied and removed - agree with post be very careful !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts