Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to replace the courtesy light inside the center glove box. Now, I don't have 12V there AND the blue LED at the dome light is out AND my climate controls aren't illuminated. That has to be a fuse or bad connection somewhere...

·
Registered
223 Posts
Get your owners manual out and look at the back of the book. In the index, look up 'fuse'.

The page listed will give you a list of each fuse, the rating and what it services / protects.

Sounds like a blown fuse.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Fuse 14 in the under-dash fuel panel protects wiring for the lighting you mention plus more, including the glovebox light, ambient LED on the console. Check that fuse of course, but if the other dash included lights are working now it's probably not this fuse. There's a relay in the circuit between under-dash fuses 19 and 14, with 19 powered on all the time, with the relay and its actuation not well described in the circuit diagram. Regardless, you should be able to test for voltage on both sides of fuse 14 (installed) with engine run and parking lights on. Use a needle probe in the test-port hoes in the back of the fuse itself. No power on either one says look at fuse 19, one side only says fuse 14 is blown, power on both sides says the fuse is fine. The two LEDs have yellow wires that go to the dashlights brightness controller. The bulbs get a black wire there that goes to ground. There are slight lighting differences between NAV and non-NAV cars.

Looking at 22-294 in the Service Manual, for those playing along at home.

HTH!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts