Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I parked beside a Pacifica today while out doing the Saturday errands. In person and up close, it looks smaller than you'd expect. I didn't remember seeing it in the "Borg's Pilot Vs. ..." thread, but it is quite a bit lower than the Pilot. And the front seat area looked cramped. It did have the Benz-style power seat adjusters on the doors- the switch that looks like a profile of the seat.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
:) friend of mine has it and it looks luxurious inside, like a volvo XC90. the second row folds like a minivan-flat, third row comfort is just the same as the pilot. headroom is restricted though. still love my pilot.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
jay said:
but it is quite a bit lower than the Pilot.
'cause thats how they have diffenciated from a SUV. Its NOT supposed to be a SUV

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Re: Re: Chrysler Pacifica

ramirami said:

'cause thats how they have diffenciated from a SUV. Its NOT supposed to be a SUV
Good point! I had not caught that before, but they actually call it a "Sports Touring Vehicle". Something about "Well Beyond The SUV" (their words - not mine). :23:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Like it but...

I have seen some riding around town and from a distance liked them. When I get closer it seems a bit like a Gremlin over inflated. Not really a bad looking car but, I always worry with Chrysler products that they will look cheap in just a very few years. Too bad for Chrysler they may always be tied to that reputation.

Don:4:

·
Registered
234 Posts
For some strange reason, the front grill reminds me of Bruce (the shark from Finding Nemo...)

·
Registered
409 Posts
That's it!

That must have been the model for the Pacifica. Wonder what they will come up with next....a truck that looks like Buzz Lightyear?

Don:confused:

·
Registered
158 Posts
yolk said:
For some strange reason, the front grill reminds me of Bruce (the shark from Finding Nemo...)
LOL! I LOVE Bruce. I didn't really notice the resemblance until smurray posted the picture. Now, I'll always think of Brucie when I see a Pacifica on the road.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I test drove one, a totally loaded 40k version...I own a 98 e-class mercedes, and this thing seemed very mercedes inside, not just the door adjust. I'd love to wait and see how the reliability is. It may be priced too high (30-40k) for its likely buyer...however, I was on the waitlist for the redisigned E-320 wagon...I might easily have bought pacifica instead for at least 12k-20k less if I hadn't decided on the Pilot. My mercedes service dept is not that fab anymore, so it wouldn't be a huge sacrifice servicewise.

Two features I did not like...Nav display directly in front of driver, since in many cases I would think the passenger will be in charge of nav. Distorted side view of it. The bucket seats with console 2nd row. If my kid was older or my baby-having done, it would be fine. But I'll need to sit next to a car seat sometimes, so that didn't work for me. With older kids, probably a great setup though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I checked out the Pacifica and if it wasn't for the under-powered engine, the tight squeeze in the third row I would have gotten it over the Pilot. Like the previous poster, the inside is very luxurious. The Pacifica is SOLID. The doors are freaking heavy and very thick. Side bag curtains all the way to the third row. NHTSA has 5 stars across pending roll-over. It's wide stance like the Pilot will probably end up pretty good.

·
Registered
97 Posts
thay reminds me of a few other thoughts -- i tested at a dense traffic time of day, so merge speed was fine, but i didn't really kick it. lots of mopar dudes begging for a hemi of course. heavy car. At 5'7" 3rd row just fits...no taller i would say. Front seat fit a 6'5" , 300+ lb driver just fine. Overall, an interesting wagon/suv hybrid. I liked it...it was the first thing that made my think daimler-chrysler might be a good thing! I've been thinking it's just meant mercedes is sliding and chrysler's not improved except at concept-car style exteriors. The pacifica makes me hope things are headed in the right direction.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts