Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,953 Posts
but I don't think they are selling it as a SUV . Besides IMHO pilot looks a bit like the jeep grand cheroke (from the side)...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
771 Posts
It is an interesting concept...it has 6 captain chairs instead of bench seats. But then again, it is a Chrysler so who cares.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,953 Posts
Alexandra242628 said:
. But then again, it is a Chrysler so who cares.
I object to that. :mad: I think chrysler has really really improved its quality. I got my pilot for a Stratus. I had it for 5 years drove ~80K miles and not one bit of problem.
Also have not heard any "wide spread" horror stories about chryslers in atleast the past 5 years.

And chrysler always leads in the design of vehicles for others to follow.....:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,998 Posts
Pacifica-Caravan-Crossfire-Murano

ramirami said:
but I don't think they are selling it as a SUV . Besides IMHO pilot looks a bit like the jeep grand cheroke (from the side)...
I can't handle the moaning sound of a chrysler/jeep/dodge, but especially can't handle the looks of this. The cherokee is at least handsome, this looks like a huge wagon or flattened version of the caravan. I'm sure there's a niche for the mommy's who don't mind the minivan and wagon stigma. Don't even get me started on that crossfire...anyone seen that thing?! yikes. PURE UGLY in my opinion. But I also think the Murano looks just like an AMC GREMLIN, and some of you here think it's sexy. Potato Potahto
As for no horror stories yet, I just have the mental image of blue smoke pouring out of the exhaust of just about every 10 year old caravan that somehow manages to still be on the road. I'm not going to trust them just yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
I have owned two Chryslers in the last five years and they have been absolutely trouble free. If they had something with a little more style, we would have stayed with them. We really liked our Concorde. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
Pilot4Biking said:
See Chrsler's lame attempt to copy the Pilot with the new Chrysler Pacifica. At least they got smart with the fold down rear seats.

http://www.chrysler.com/pacifica/features/photos/index.html?context=pacifica-features-index&type=subnav
I don't think the Pacifica is an attempt to copy the Pilot. Seems like to me that the Pacifica's purpose in life is more along the lines of a sporty/luxury station wagon. It looks like it sits lower to the ground and I didn't see anything on the web site about under pinnings that would let the Pacifica go off road. The 3rd row seat looked like a bench to me. 4 captains chairs, not 6? The Pacifica's niche might be for empty nester's that still carry around allot of friends or something. The Pilot is more of a jack-of-all-trades, do everything for the masses type vehicle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Here's a 1st drive review

From Edmunds. The seem to like it but think it's under powered and arn't sure what it really is or wants to be:

"The Bottom Line: Chrysler insists that the Pacifica defines a new "sports tourer" segment. Whatever that means, we believe the Pacifica could take center stage in the family vehicle arena — a worthy contender against minivans, SUVs and station wagons alike."

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2004/chrysler/pacifica/100218686/roadtestarticle.html?articleId=94139&tid=edmunds.h..reviews..19.*
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
kemosabe said:
Wow, I like the way Chrysler able to integrate their optional Navigation system into the dash....!!!! :10: :10:
I like it also. but looks a little small!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
I have seen this car at the auto show. Not terrible looking, the interior was definately influenced by Mercedes (good thing). Decent size and room.

The thing I don't like is the weight, 4700 pounds (must have bricks in it). The V6 can only muster 0-60 in 9.6 secs. There is nothing sporty about that.

For someone looking for a mod type SUV the Murano is a much better choice.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,729 Posts
ramirami said:


I object to that. :mad: I think chrysler has really really improved its quality. I got my pilot for a Stratus. I had it for 5 years drove ~80K miles and not one bit of problem.
Also have not heard any "wide spread" horror stories about chryslers in atleast the past 5 years.

And chrysler always leads in the design of vehicles for others to follow.....:D
What year of Stratus did you have - and what engine? We had a '96 and while it was pretty much trouble free, it had one of the infamous 2.5L (or 2.4L) 4-bangers that had the problem with the bad head gasket. This problem was so wide spread with the Chrysler family that the head gaskets were on national back order at one time. Guess what - Chrysler NEVER acknowledged it as a problem. :3: :3:

That said, we are VERY happy with our '02 Sebring Limited. But it still bugs me that Chrysler would not step up to the plate on the head gasket issue.

YMMV
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,953 Posts
colorider said:


What year of Stratus did you have - and what engine? We had a '96 and while it was pretty much trouble free, it had one of the infamous 2.5L (or 2.4L) 4-bangers that had the problem with the bad head gasket. This problem was so wide spread with the Chrysler family that the head gaskets were on national back order at one time. Guess what - Charyl's NEVER acknowledged it as a problem. :3: :3:

That said, we are VERY happy with our '02 Sebring Limited. But it still bugs me that Chrysler would not step up to the plate on the head gasket issue.

YMMV
I had the 98 stratus ES with the 6 cylinder 2.5L engine
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,729 Posts
Re: Here's a 1st drive review

ShorePilot said:
From Edmunds. The seem to like it but think it's under powered and arn't sure what it really is or wants to be:

"The Bottom Line: Chrysler insists that the Pacifica defines a new "sports tourer" segment. Whatever that means, we believe the Pacifica could take center stage in the family vehicle arena — a worthy contender against minivans, SUVs and station wagons alike."

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2004/chrysler/pacifica/100218686/roadtestarticle.html?articleId=94139&tid=edmunds.h..reviews..19.*
Sport Tourer?????? :eek:

Bah!! This is a Sport Tourer!!!!!!
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,729 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Here's a 1st drive review

kemosabe said:


...and this is colorider on his Sport Tourer... :D :D :D
Hey - that can't be me!!!! :)

I shaved my facial hair a long time ago, also out-grew the training wheels and my hair is not quite that gray!!!

HA!!:2:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,729 Posts
Saw one this weekend

Our local Chrysler $tealer has a Pacifica in stock now. I stopped to look at it on Sunday, so could not actually get in it. Looks kinda neat, but a bit cramped inside. The rear-most 2 seats look to be a struggle to get back to. Nice 17" rims/tires that seemed to "fit" the wheel opening nicely.

YMMV
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
I've driven the Pilot and Pacifica as potential replacements for my wife's Ford Expedition. I thought the Pacifica was quieter and handled better. I liked the Pilot's engine and overall package. These auto's aren't really aimed at the same market but in certain trim levels compete in the same price arena. If the Pacifica wasn't a Chrysler with dubious resell potential it would top my list. However, my experiences with Hondas (3 Accords, 1 Prelude) has taught me one of the most enjoyable experiences of car ownership is high resale value. So it looks like the Pilot will be gracing the garage next to my Boxster. And my 02 Accord gets the outside parking spot, poor baby!!

I also drove the MDX and RX330. Nice but too expensive.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,729 Posts
porscheboy said:
I've driven the Pilot and Pacifica as potential replacements for my wife's Ford Expedition. I thought the Pacifica was quieter and handled better. I liked the Pilot's engine and overall package. These auto's aren't really aimed at the same market but in certain trim levels compete in the same price arena. If the Pacifica wasn't a Chrysler with dubious resell potential it would top my list. However, my experiences with Hondas (3 Accords, 1 Prelude) has taught me one of the most enjoyable experiences of car ownership is high resale value. So it looks like the Pilot will be gracing the garage next to my Boxster. And my 02 Accord gets the outside parking spot, poor baby!!

I also drove the MDX and RX330. Nice but too expensive.
Wow porscheboy!!! I just noticed your hometown!!! :D Any idea how Loveland Ohio came up with it's name? :confused: Loveland CO was named after a railroad president at the time, W.A.H. Loveland.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top