Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts on how pilot is better than pacifica . Specification of pacifica are quite impressive . I am waiting for my pilot to come , but this one is asking me to change my mind.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Regardless of the specs or design, you still will have a first year model Chrysler product. My guess is multiple recalls, problems with fit and finish, and drive train design flaws that will show up in the first model year, especially. They will then use the new owners to tell them what mistakes they have made, and to further kill their reputation.

Even after that, Chrysler products rarely get above an average quality rating.

EJ

·
Registered
82 Posts
I had a first model year Intrepid and had no major problems with it. It was a pretty nice vehicle.

I was always very nervous about it being a first model year though...

I also have a first model year Odyssey, and although it's been awesome and very reliable, there were more than a couple recalls on that vehicle.

With any new car it's a roll of the dice... What matters is how the company responds to resolve the problems.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I took a look at the car on the web. It looks very nice. It probably will drive well given that it is more of a car than a truck like the Durango. But I think it is more of a match with a Highlander and others that are not quite as roomy as a pilot and can seat fewer. Pacifica has three rows but only seats six. That would eliminate it from my list. I also would really have a tough time buying one in the first couple of years.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Pacifica Thoughts

You can't say the Pacifica is going to have the traditional "first year model" problems, because the engine is already one that is currently used in the 300m. The platform is also from the 300m. The all-wheel drive system is a variation of the ones used on Mercedes. I'm not saying it won't have a couple of little things here and there (the PILOT has), but as far as major component problems, I don't think it's likely.

The situation with the Pacifica could be compared to the PILOT and its mix of MDX/Odyssey components.

I think D/C is going to have a pretty successful vehicle with the Pacifica. It's also a good looking vehicle with quite a bit a versitility built in (from everything I've read so far)

PILOTinginCO
Sagebrush Pearl-EX
Parker, CO

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
I'm a bit curious to see if the Buick concept vehicle "Centieme" also comes to be, as did the Pacifica. Similar seating (3 rows of 2 across) and a few other similarities.

rod

·
Registered
411 Posts
Mkell said:
I took a look at the car on the web. It looks very nice. It probably will drive well given that it is more of a car than a truck like the Durango. But I think it is more of a match with a Highlander and others that are not quite as roomy as a pilot and can seat fewer. Pacifica has three rows but only seats six. That would eliminate it from my list. I also would really have a tough time buying one in the first couple of years.
I think you're right, that it might compare more to the Highlander. The Highlander is much more sportier in it's handling than the Pilot. The Pacifica will probably handle more on the sportier side, also. The Pilot is more of a cruiser and hauler :)

·
Registered
664 Posts
I guess for me it comes down to this...

Honda or Chrysler?

End of my shopping. I know they merged with Diamler but until I really see something to make me change my mind I'm sticking with 10+ years of Honda experience.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts