Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I expect my new Pilot (2004 EX sage brush) to arrive in about 3 weeks. I'll order most of the accessories online and install myself. One debate I have is whether to get the running board or side steps. I'm leaning to the running board right now just by looking at the pictures. But the new Chrome Side Steps certainly made things a little more interesting. Can anyone share your opinion on the running board or side steps? and do you thing the Chrome Side Steps will look good on Sage Brush? Thanks.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,729 Posts
newbie said:
I expect my new Pilot (2004 EX sage brush) to arrive in about 3 weeks. I'll order most of the accessories online and install myself. One debate I have is whether to get the running board or side steps. I'm leaning to the running board right now just by looking at the pictures. But the new Chrome Side Steps certainly made things a little more interesting. Can anyone share your opinion on the running board or side steps? and do you thing the Chrome Side Steps will look good on Sage Brush? Thanks.
Congrats on your new order. Here is a link that compares running boards to side steps and here is another that has more info on side steps.

Enjoy!!!

:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,953 Posts
I have the same dilema...however if chrome sidesteps are available I will go with those...I think chrome looks real sweet on silver...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
a question

newbie, please check your PM.

Thanks..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
Whose chrome side steps are we talking about? Did Honda come out with a new OEM set? I didn't see anything on Tim's site about chrome steps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,113 Posts
Re: it's OEM

newbie said:
College Hills has it, check here:
http://www.collegehillshonda.com/parts/extension/pilot/03pilot.htm

Unfortunately they don't have a picture for it. And they are the only one I'd seen so far who has the 2004 stuff, 2004 Fender Flare Kit, Chrome Side Steps, etc.

It'd be nice if someone can provide a picture of this item.
I checked a couple of accessory websites and found chrome steps for the MDX, but no picture there either. :( I'll keep looking; I think chrome steps on an SS Pilot would look great. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There's actually quite a few pictures in the acuramdx.org forums, MDXs with chrome side steps. They look sharp, better on the dark color I think. I assume the one for Pilot will be similar, if so, I think I will go with that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,190 Posts
newbie said:
There's actually quite a few pictures in the acuramdx.org forums, MDXs with chrome side steps. They look sharp, better on the dark color I think. I assume the one for Pilot will be similar, if so, I think I will go with that.
An example from our sister site... :)

This MDX actually belongs to acuramdx.org member leepc...
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,838 Posts
newbie said:
And this one had me sold...

I guess they will look better on the MDX because the other chrome trims on the Xs.
newbie : Are those side steps chrome or brushed stainless? I don't care much for chrome, but brushed SS with black tread, that I like.:29:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
krygny and kemosabe

krygny, I think the ones on the MDX is OEM chrome side steps. I know they are not as durable, but looked pretty good, do you think?

kemosabe, the one you post on the pilot, were they PILOT OEM PARTS? I haven't seen a picture of the chrome side steps for the pilot anywhere yet. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,190 Posts
Re: krygny and kemosabe

newbie said:

[ S N I P P E D ]

kemosabe, the one you post on the pilot, were they PILOT OEM PARTS? I haven't seen a picture of the chrome side steps for the pilot anywhere yet. Thanks.
newbie: pilotguy purchased polished stainless step bars made by Manik...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,113 Posts
I saw another Silver Pilot on the road today with the black OEM tube steps. The vehicle was dirty and the steps were grungy looking. I like the brushed stainless better, but it seems that the Manik extends just a bit further out from the body than OEM. Can anyone confirm this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,190 Posts
jay said:
I saw another Silver Pilot on the road today with the black OEM tube steps. The vehicle was dirty and the steps were grungy looking. I like the brushed stainless better, but it seems that the Manik extends just a bit further out from thr body than OEM. Can anyone confirm this?
jay: Here's another picture of beowulf777's Manik side steps up close and personal...
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
449 Posts
Originally posted by jay I saw another Silver Pilot on the road today with the black OEM tube steps. The vehicle was dirty and the steps were grungy looking. I like the brushed stainless better, but it seems that the Manik extends just a bit further out from thr body than OEM. Can anyone confirm this?
Based upon the pictures, they seem to extend out further than my OEM black steps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,113 Posts
Twinkie said:

Based upon the pictures, they seem to extend out further than my OEM black steps.
Thanks kemo and Twinkie. I prefer the closer fit of OEM, but with a chrome or stainless look.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
jay said:


Thanks kemo and Twinkie. I prefer the closer fit of OEM, but with a chrome or stainless look.
Yes youre right about the tighter fit on the OEM but newbie stated that honda is offering chome OEM side steps..I d go with thw chrome
 
1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Top