Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Re: oops. on sale soon

Ratso said:
$40. No shipping cost for forum members.

ebay sales begin 6-22-04
How 'bout a discount if we wait for you to ship the door handles and the grill accents together?

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
The grille accent is an interesting mod. How is it attached and what materials did you use? I assume you are using the same poly vinyl chrome tape you are using with the door handles. You must have laminated it to some type of thick plastic and then attach the grille accent to the grill using double sided tape. That's probably why you are charging $40.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
construction

1/8 inch acrylic sheets are cut and shaped to fit the space specifically. The polyvinyl is then applied. I am refining a new mounting plat for them now. But mine are currently mounted with a nylon tab and 3M tape.

The new mount is a full length L bracket. I think it might be better and assure a uniform support of the acrylic grill insert across the whole span.

I have to devise some sort of mailer for the grill inserts. The door handle accents mail in a small rigid mailer fine. But the grill inserts are 3.5 inches long and do nit fit easily into standard packaging, especially if I start using the new L-bracket mounts.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Folks

This mod isn't turning out as nice as I would like. I sent a set to drm1111 (hesitantly) and he agreed that the design is not quite up to snuff. I am meeting with a metal fab shop on Tuesday to discuss a real metal application for the horizontal grill bars like these.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Re: Hi Folks

Ratso said:
This mod isn't turning out as nice as I would like. I sent a set to drm1111 (hesitantly) and he agreed that the design is not quite up to snuff. I am meeting with a metal fab shop on Tuesday to discuss a real metal application for the horizontal grill bars like these.
Thanks for your honesty, Ratso. I'm definitely interested in a nicer option, even if it turns out to be more expensive. As was pointed out in a thread about a year ago, a difficulty in sprucing up the Pilot grill with just a little chrome is that it will just look like a CRV grille. Look forward to what you come up with, ratso.

Happy Father's Day to all, liberals and conservatives alike! :7:

·
Registered
399 Posts
RATSO, I'm waiting patiently too!! I want to add a little style to the Pilot grill. If your mods from the fab shop will look like the benz grill i'm sure it will be top quality. remember to look me up when you have the prototype. I'll be the first in line to purchase from you!! :1:

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still working on it.

The grill can definitely be done. However, a small run of pieces will be costly. I have another connection in injection molding, that may be able to form the strips from a plastic instead of the metal and real chrome plating.

The fab shop is looking into a short run of aluminum with nickel coating for me too.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Sp how much for the grill mods like on your Benz??? I want something thats going to look good plus last too!! Let me know. :1:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Re: Re: Hi Folks

robrecht said:
As was pointed out in a thread about a year ago, a difficulty in sprucing up the Pilot grill with just a little chrome is that it will just look like a CRV grille.
Not that there's anything wrong with that!:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts