Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone install the chrome mirror and bumper trim on there Pilots?

how is it? any problems?

thanks

rob

·
Registered
39 Posts
i have it and love it. No prob. with them. the dealer installed and it is is very secure. Dresses up the car!!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
kemc said:
i have it and love it. No prob. with them. the dealer installed and it is is very secure. Dresses up the car!!!

What color is your pilot? Do you have any pictures you could post?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sure, I will post pictures Wed. for you. I have to take the car in the Morning for the wood trim kit to be re-attached. The dealer did not install it well and it is pealling off the dash. We have an Evergreen Pearl EXL RES. We had just about every option put on it externaly. Very happy with the car and to this day very few complaints. Have 1,400 miles after 5 days of ownership. Paid $1,000.00 below MSRP and got dealer to honor honda suggested pricing for options and install on options. I am taking it to have XM Sat radio put in this week. I have it in my Jeep and love it. Do not know how they will mount the tuner on the dash. Very few places to put it!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Here are pics of my pilot with the chrome installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Another view.

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Looks good on the evergreen KEMC!!!

I think the chrome garnish in the middle of the lower trim completes the look up front. Can you order that center piece w/ out having the lower trim?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Wow that is sweet looking ... great ... I've been waiting to see pics of the chrome garnish ... I think you have just persuaded me to go with the lower trim now ... Just when I thought I wouldn't spend any more money ... DARN !

PrG

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
PrG said:
Wow that is sweet looking ... great ... I've been waiting to see pics of the chrome garnish ... I think you have just persuaded me to go with the lower trim now ... Just when I thought I wouldn't spend any more money ... DARN !
PrG
I knew I shouldn't have let my wife pick out the color for our Pilot. I always knew the chrome trim would look sharp on dark color, but I'm not so sure on lighter color like our HB. Even the bumper trim looks as though it naturally belongs on the Pilot of darker colors, but I'm afraid it'd overpower the HB since the color's so light.

This is the last time I go along with my wife....yeah, as if...

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Looks Pretty Darn Sharp!

I like it. I've been wanting to get the chrome garnish and the bumper trim as well, but I just don't know how it'd look on a Havasu Blue. The color's so light and pale almost. I'm afraid of the car being overpowered by them.

Nothing worse than seeing a car that looks as though it's screaming for attention with its accessories. The darker colors don't tend to do that, evidenced by your car, but on HB....I just don't want to install them and regret it. :(

·
Registered
919 Posts
kemc,

I didn't think that the garnish would look good on the Evergreen, buy your pictures have peaked my interests. It looks great! I was wondering if you could post larger pics. If you are having to size them down due to the upload size restriction, compression might help. In fact, my camera has a habbit of reating pretty large file sizes and all I have to do is pull them up in paint, resave them without making any changes and the file sizes are MUCH smaller because paint defaults to a higher compression setting. I hope it works for you because I would love to get a better look at those pics!

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hope this is better

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
front view

·
Registered
39 Posts
front view .....

Attachments

·
Registered
919 Posts
Sure does. WOW! That looks great. I really appreciate the repost. Be proud. That is one sharp looking ride.

Thanks!

Chris

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
RipRocK said:

I knew I shouldn't have let my wife pick out the color for our Pilot. I always knew the chrome trim would look sharp on dark color, but I'm not so sure on lighter color like our HB. Even the bumper trim looks as though it naturally belongs on the Pilot of darker colors, but I'm afraid it'd overpower the HB since the color's so light.

This is the last time I go along with my wife....yeah, as if...
Hi, well I ordered a blue and ordered all the chrome... I have an accessories booklet and they use the blue as there demo model (Lookes SHARP) i do think the darker colors show it off more but the blue and the chrome look WAY more rich... will let you know when my Pilot comes in in October...

rob

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
kemc said:
Hope this is better
Hi kemc... just wondering if your tires are the Goodyear that come with the pilot, or did you change them? If so, what size and make did you get?

thanks

rob

·
Registered
39 Posts
rob,

they are the factory good years. I am leaving them on and I am going to put on 17" rims with wheels for winter and add a better set of traction tires for the snow.

ken

·
Registered
316 Posts
OH MY GOD!!!

This Pilot is all dressed up and ready for the Prom!!!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
gopilot said:

Hi, well I ordered a blue and ordered all the chrome... I have an accessories booklet and they use the blue as there demo model (Lookes SHARP) i do think the darker colors show it off more but the blue and the chrome look WAY more rich... will let you know when my Pilot comes in in October...

rob
Cool, sounds good. I'm very interested in seeing what it looks like. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts