Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD, 2017 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m not a huge fan of black trim on the 3rd gen Pilot, except on the white. I think it works really well with the Acura RDX and MDX however. Having said that, to my fellow chrome fans, what do you think of this L shaped chrome garnish on the lower front above the turn signals?

I took this from a distance so had to edit it to sharpen it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I'm one of the few who likes chrome on vehicles and I think it looks promising. It's hard to tell in that photo and I'd need to see it in person. If it's the nasty double sided tape stuff I will not support it, but if the lines are tasteful and it doesn't look like a complete afterthought I might like it.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I’m not a huge fan of black trim on the 3rd gen Pilot, except on the white. I think it works really well with the Acura RDX and MDX however. Having said that, to my fellow chrome fans, what do you think of this L shaped chrome garnish on the lower front above the turn signals?

Looks fine to me. A before/after would be good. How did you apply the chrome? Tape? Paint? Electrochemical deposition?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks fine to me. A before/after would be good. How did you apply the chrome? Tape? Paint? Electrochemical deposition?
It’s not mine. I saw it in a parking lot from my car and took a zoomed in photo of it. I’ve seen these on eBay and they are separate pieces you attach with 3M tape. Really wish I had been closer

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm one of the few who likes chrome on vehicles and I think it looks promising. It's hard to tell in that photo and I'd need to see it in person. If it's the nasty double sided tape stuff I will not support it, but if the lines are tasteful and it doesn't look like a complete afterthought I might like it.
Yay! Another chrome fan! I think it is attached with 3M tape and I do wish I had been closer to get a better shot. I’ve only seen it for sale on eBay for about $70 I think.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
eBay link:

Interesing ... some people pay extra for all black, and some pay extra to add chrome to cover black. It's a wonderful world.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I'm doubtful of the ebay stick on accessories... doesn't mean there aren't some quality products out there.

In general, I like the look of that piece of chrome in that location as long as it is a quality piece.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EX-L AWD, 265-60-18 Defender LTX M/S
523 Posts

Dang I was hoping you were going to say that you had a black grill from like a black or special edition and really wanted chrome instead. I'd be up for some parts swapping. Those L pieces on mine are satin black. I want the black grill and make that bottom chin black also.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dang I was hoping you were going to say that you had a black grill from like a black or special edition and really wanted chrome instead. I'd be up for some parts swapping. Those L pieces on mine are satin black. I want the black grill and make that bottom chin black also.
Funnily enough, I want to black out the very top grill bar, the one that goes into the headlights, and leave the lower bar as chrome. I’m going to use vinyl wrap for that. I’m also toying with the idea of wrapping the lower door plastic trim in a glossy black.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts