Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
brooklynpilot said:
. . . . I'm curious if it makes sense to just get an entire new chromed or stainless steel muffler instead of just the exhaust tips?
. . . . .
Yes it makes perfect sense.
You should get a chrome muffer that replaces the whole rear section.
Then send me the old, ugly, boring, plain steel one. :)
Now I will have an extra to use when mine need replacing in 7 years or so.

·
Registered
288 Posts
brooklynpilot said:
Yes, I know this topic has been beaten to death, but I'm curious if it makes sense to just get an entire new chromed or stainless steel muffler instead of just the exhaust tips?

Some nice mufflers are here:

http://www.showtimeautotrix.com/exhausts.html
Hey Brooklynpilot,I'm thinking of getting that mufler with LED tip on it.I do know for the fact that it looks real good on PIlot

·
Registered
91 Posts
Where can I get that accessory... Group buy anyone?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Sorry for the stupid question

But, why does stainless steel tips cost so much more than the chromed ones? Of course, stainless steel cost more, but then, does the chrome just come on some really cheap steel?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Re: Sorry for the stupid question

RipRocK said:
But, why does stainless steel tips cost so much more than the chromed ones? Of course, stainless steel cost more, but then, does the chrome just come on some really cheap steel?
Don't be sorry RipRock.MHO that stainless steel would last longer in a long run and they 're not easy to get rusted like chrome.We're talking about the quality here.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
baoloclamdong said:

Ramirami,sometimes I cross something good or need from other sites and I 'd like to transfer them to this site like you did with that picture,but I don't know how.Would you or anyone show me?Thanks.
Sure...
right click and "Save the picture as..." and then choose where you want to save it - temporarily or permanently. Then when you want you can "attach the file" (see below) to the post.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Sage said:

Sure...
right click and "Save the picture as..." and then choose where you want to save it - temporarily or permanently. Then when you want you can "attach the file" (see below) to the post.
Thanks Sage,I thought there are some other ways to do it.Some one has told me by dragging(w/o saving it).The way you just showed me is waht I have been using.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
OH!? I don't know the "dragging" thing but I'm gonna find out. Let me know too if you find out before I do. Can anybody help?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok, so it sounds like we all want the girlie group buy ;)

...and it sounds like it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to get a brand new chrome muffler....

Pepboys chrome tips here I come....

Thanks for the info all...

*cheers*

1 - 14 of 14 Posts