Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, just got my 2017 Pilot Touring last week and looking for winter tires and rims. Everything I have read says I can use 245/65/17, however I was offered a great deal on 225/55/17 from an Acura. Has anyone used tires this small on a Pilot? Any issues (heard could be a problem with the sensors as they work at different frequencies)? Thanks for your help/insight.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Your biggest issue will be the much smaller radium which means you actual speed will be slower than your indicates speed.. and also your Milage computer will record much higher mileage than you are travelling, increasing depreciation, oil change and other wear and tear on the drivetrain.. I would stay away... 225/55 is a lot smaller than 245/65...

84 inches traveled per rotation instead of 93 inches..

I do not recommend such a difference...
For every 100miles you travel, your odometer will record 110...

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Your biggest issue will be the much smaller radium which means you actual speed will be slower than your indicates speed.. and also your Milage computer will record much higher mileage than you are travelling, increasing depreciation, oil change and other wear and tear on the drivetrain.. I would stay away... 225/55 is a lot smaller than 245/65...

84 inches traveled per rotation instead of 93 inches..
I do not recommend such a difference...
For every 100miles you travel, your odometer will record 110...
I use OEM winter tires (P245/65 R17) on my 2015 Pilot Touring, can I use the same on a 2019 Pilot Touring and will it properly fit?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I use OEM winter tires (P245/65 R17) on my 2015 Pilot Touring, can I use the same on a 2019 Pilot Touring and will it properly fit?

According to tire rack, 245/65R17 is a valid equivalent.. now two things.. 2015 OEM winter tires are not something I’m aware of.. normally the only OEM I know of are all season... not winter.. and 2015 is starting to show some age..

Also, are you planing on using your 2015 rims/alloys because I have no idea if the bolt pattern is the same on 2019... same for the offset.. might have changed since 2015...

That and also brake clearance might be an issue on some alloys in 17 inches

Good luck
Stephan

·
Registered
871 Posts
Also, are you planing on using your 2015 rims/alloys because I have no idea if the bolt pattern is the same on 2019... same for the offset.. might have changed since 2015...

Good luck
Stephan

Offset for a 2015 is 45. 2016 and up is 55.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sorry for the term OEM, should have said dealer-provided winter tire package (steel wheels + Michelin X-Ice's)

I called dealer and was told that tires will fit but have to replace TPMS sensors with new P/N (C$80/tire).

Thanks.

According to tire rack, 245/65R17 is a valid equivalent.. now two things.. 2015 OEM winter tires are not something I’m aware of.. normally the only OEM I know of are all season... not winter.. and 2015 is starting to show some age..

Good luck
Stephan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts