Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any body has experience with the chirping noise on 2016+ Pilot?
(i've uploaded the noise to youtube:
)
I've got the chirping noise on my 2017 Pilot EXL AWD in winter. The noise seemed to come from my driver side area, but not consistent.
When it happened, I could make it disappear by turning off rear fan control button.
I've searched the forum, it looks like replacing rear fan blower motor may not fix the problem, is it?
If you have the same problem and have fixed it, please let me know, as I am going to dealer for 40000 miles service (code is B 1 ), wondering how I need to tell the issue to dealer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
had the same problem on my 2017 accord. Would happen at start up before car warmed enough for heat to kick on. After a couple times to dealer with them insisting nothing was wrong, manager took one look and said it was the blower and replaced it. Issue has been gone since.

)
I've got the chirping noise on my 2017 Pilot EXL AWD in winter. The noise seemed to come from my driver side area, but not consistent.
When it happened, I could make it disappear by turning off rear fan control button.
I've searched the forum, it looks like replacing rear fan blower motor may not fix the problem, is it?
If you have the same problem and have fixed it, please let me know, as I am going to dealer for 40000 miles service (code is B 1 ), wondering how I need to tell the issue to dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
)

Thank you for posting about turning off the rear blower! The sound drives me crazy in my 2016 Pilot (bought used). Only happens in the cold when the heat has been running for a while. We tried clearing out the front fan (under the glove box) of dust and lubricated it, as I would just turn off the heat altogether and then get cold enough to ultimately turn on the heat again. I didn't realize there were two fan units. Now I can at least turn off the rear fan and still have heat up front. I'll try to work on the rear fan unit this weekend or next.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I replaced the rear fan on my 2016 and that cured it. The bearing was going bad on the rear blower. Fairly simple to replace behind the glove box.

I believe the front blower fan is inside the center console.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts