Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting a new thread. My 3rd row seat makes a chirping, squeak that sounds like crickets when you go over washboard-y type bumps in the road. I have driven it with 3 Honda techs to validate it is happening.

Specifically, its the passenger side part of the 3rd row seat.

I've had it to the dealer 3 times so far, each time sending me home saying it was fixed and it was not. They keep replacing seat parts and making adjustments.

I am going back for a 4th time and will let you know.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2017 LX and can confirm that I hear the same thing when my rear seat backs are flipped up and ready for an seat occupant. However, I don't hear the sounds when the seats are folded down to make a lager cargo area. So, I usually drive with the rear seats folded down.

I am interested to hear if your problem is resolved. Good luck.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have a 2017 LX and can confirm that I hear the same thing when my rear seat backs are flipped up and ready for an seat occupant. However, I don't hear the sounds when the seats are folded down to make a lager cargo area. So, I usually drive with the rear seats folded down.

I am interested to hear if your problem is resolved. Good luck.
My Pilot is back for the 4th time today to fix the crickets in the 3rd row seat. Now we have "engineering" involved. Oh boy...

·
Registered
94 Posts
My Pilot is back for the 4th time today to fix the crickets in the 3rd row seat. Now we have "engineering" involved. Oh boy...
After 4x back to dealer, they fixed my crickets. There is not a Honda approved fix for this, but the dealer found the problem and installed foam tape. We'll see how long it lasts.

Attachments

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,193 Posts
After 4x back to dealer, they fixed my crickets. There is not a Honda approved fix for this, but the dealer found the problem and installed foam tape. We'll see how long it lasts.
Be interesting to see pics of that kludge, especially if it actually works.

If that fix fails after a while, replace it with an equally strategically placed even thicker wad of duct tape.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts