Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 2019 Pilot EX-L one full year & I have noticed quite a few small chips in the windshield. They are pin head size, for the most part, and barely noticable unless driving into the sun. I don't tailgate and I'll speed up when passing trucks so as not to remain where I'm getting debris from them. The windshield on my 2013 Si has less chipping than my 2019 Pilot. Just out of curiosity, I checked the Honda parts and although the EX-L and above models all use the acoustic windshield, all three of these models show a different part number for the windshield! Anyone else observe this? Did I drive through a Kryptonite shower??

·
Registered
2018 Pilot EX AWD
172 Posts
Shoot, I've had mine for 5 months and already have 2 huge cracks. My Civic didn't have anything after 4 years and 78k miles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
All of the cars I've had were showing those tiny pits. After about 50-75K miles, it was really annoying. But if you haven't experienced it before, wait until you try to replace the windshield on a Pilot with sensing. I recently had a stone crack my 2019 EX-L windshield and it cost $1700 to replace it at Safelite. It was $500 just for re-calibration of the camera. It took 2 weeks to get the part. Luckily, insurance paid all but $100. I was a bit worried that Lane Keeping Assist would be wonky after replacement, but it actually works better now than it did from the factory.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Safelite commercials on television now say they can do camera / sensor re-calibrations in their shops....

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All of the cars I've had were showing those tiny pits. After about 50-75K miles, it was really annoying. But if you haven't experienced it before, wait until you try to replace the windshield on a Pilot with sensing. I recently had a stone crack my 2019 EX-L windshield and it cost $1700 to replace it at Safelite. It was $500 just for re-calibration of the camera. It took 2 weeks to get the part. Luckily, insurance paid all but $100. I was a bit worried that Lane Keeping Assist would be wonky after replacement, but it actually works better now than it did from the factory.
Well, hopefully I won't need to replace the ws for awhile, but I did look up the price & the acoustic ws for EX-L and above lists for $700, but HondaPartsNow sells them for roughly $500. So, $1700 seems a bit much. I'm not saying you didn't get charged that much, but I would certainly question that bill. And, I'd find a different dealer if I was quoted $500 to recalibrate the camera!

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
These prices make it sound like supplemental glass coverage is worth getting with your auto insurance policy. Luckily, in my state the law requires that comprehensive insurance covers windshield replacement with zero deductible. If it didn't I'd be signing up for it. I changed insurance carriers last week and after I provided the VIN for the Pilot, the agent went out of her way to tell me that the glass coverage also covers the re-calibration of the camera.

Reactions: EFICTION
1 - 6 of 6 Posts