Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK Folks ,so the last attempt at a pilot meet got washed out (just like the bears season:3: :3: ).

Is there interest in meeting for lunch sometime, howabout Sunday Dec 7th . Ofcourse we can change the date but I just wanted to throw out a date to start with.

Where would we want to meet for lunch. How about the Woodfield area ? Suggestions welcome.:D :D

·
Registered
154 Posts
Locations

I'd be up for a lunch meeting. A couple of possible locations are Lambs Farm in Libertyville and Misericordia in Rogers Park (Chicago). Both have decent grub and both are charitable organizations to boot. If we're gonna drop a dime on lunch, it'd be kind of nice to know the proceeds are going to a worthy cause.

Misericordia
Lambs Farm

ammdaddy

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Locations

ammdaddy said:
I'd be up for a lunch meeting. A couple of possible locations are Lambs Farm in Libertyville and Misericordia in Rogers Park (Chicago). Both have decent grub and both are charitable organizations to boot. If we're gonna drop a dime on lunch, it'd be kind of nice to know the proceeds are going to a worthy cause.

Misericordia
Lambs Farm

ammdaddy
do they have good parking available, specially Misericordia ? Libertyville might be too far north for folks not living in the south suburbs etc.:1:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Re: Re: Locations

ramirami said:
do they have good parking available, specially Misericordia ? Libertyville might be too far north for folks not living in the south suburbs etc.:1:

yes they do, its a compound

·
Registered
55 Posts
ramirami said:

Where would we want to meet for lunch. How about the Woodfield area ? Suggestions welcome.:D :D
Woodfield area is good for me coming from Aurora.............
Talk about big parking lots, how about Dave & Busters?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I am probably in too. Woodfield is great but north or west burbs okay too
When the ifs, and, and buts are decided let us know.
Thanks

·
Registered
154 Posts
Decisions by committee . . .

I'm all for democracy, but we could go on for weeks working out the logistics by committee. There's always going to be someone that can't make a particular date or someone who prefers a different location than the one selected.:eek:

Maybe we should just let ramirami set the date, time, and location and whoever can make it . . . great.

Rami is is one of the main moderators of this site.

All in favor of letting Rami decide, chime in now!

ammdaddy

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Re: Decisions by committee . . .

ammdaddy said:
I'm all for democracy, but we could go on for weeks working out the logistics by committee. There's always going to be someone that can't make a particular date or someone who prefers a different location than the one selected.:eek:
So true, ammdaddy, as I can speak from experience organizing two DC Pilot luncheons... :)
ammdaddy said:

Maybe we should just let ramirami set the date, time, and location and whoever can make it . . . great.
That's pretty much what I did after letting a few days go by and some initial discussion(s)... :4: :17:
ammdaddy said:

Rami is is one of the main moderators of this site.

All in favor of letting Rami decide, chime in now!

ammdaddy
I vote for N_Jay to head this thing up... :p :D :runaway:

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Re: Re: Decisions by committee . . .

kemosabe said:

I vote for N_Jay to head this thing up... :p :D :runaway:
Thats the first job offer I have received in the last 6 months.

Oh wait, this is un-paid! :eek: :eek:

Woodfield seems like a good idea.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
August West said:
December 7th & Japanese Vehicles

You Chicago folks really know how to celebrate Pearl Harbor Day

Tora! Tora! Tora!
We're in another Bush administration; wasn't Pearl Harbor Day September 7th. :D It was for Bush 41.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
August West said:
made in Canada :2: :2:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Made in Canada, but the profits go back to Japan.

Seriously, I hope you all have a great meet. Please take a moment to remember Pearl Harbor and also how much the world has changed. The Japanese were not nice people back then and now they are one of our best allies. I wonder if in 60 years our grandchildren will be driving some well made vehicle from Iraq?

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
August West said:
I wonder if in 60 years our grandchildren will be driving some well made vehicle from Iraq?

you still can :2: :2: :2:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
August West said:
Made in Canada, but the profits go back to Japan.

Seriously, I hope you all have a great meet. Please take a moment to remember Pearl Harbor and also how much the world has changed. The Japanese were not nice people back then and now they are one of our best allies. I wonder if in 60 years our grandchildren will be driving some well made vehicle from Iraq?
"The Japanese were not nice people back then"

I just hope that you are not as ignorant as your statement suggest.:cursin:

"I wonder if in 60 years our grandchildren will be driving some well made vehicle from Iraq?"

You must think that the people of Iraq are not NICE but wait......maybe in 60 years...... :3:

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
August West said:

You Chicago folks really know how to celebrate Pearl Harbor Day

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Thats OK, a few years back we had an Autocross on Sat Dec 7th.
It was suposed to start at 8:00Am, but all the Japanise cars showed up at 7:30 :2:

·
Registered
20 Posts
lets get together in spring we can meet at montrose harbor in Chicago.

·
Registered
269 Posts
thats a cool idea....on the north end of the beach by the marina is a cool vista of downtown

hpruiz said:
lets get together in spring we can meet at montrose harbor in Chicago.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts