Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 Pilot Touring @123,000 miles now. It's on its summer wheel and tire set now that has aftermarket TPMS sensors sensors I bought new in April 2018 and installed with new batteries.

For the past 2 months, the Maintenence Minder keeps bringing up "CHECK TPMS SYSTEM". Indicator light blinks on the dash for 75 seconds then goes solid. The MM is getting no reading from any of the (4) TPMS sensors. The system will ocassionally come back back to life and work perfectly for a day or 2, then throw the code again.

I have a Foxwell NT520, so I'm able to clear the code and run through HDS diagnostic procedures. I'm pulling code 32 for a RF sensor issue. If I clear the code, the system operates fine for 20-25 miles, the throws the code again. I've worked through diagnostics up to the point where I'm supposed to swap a tire with known good sensor on. The other wheels have snow tires on them though and I'm waiting for temps to cool at least a little before I do that.

I've considered that it could be a low battery in the RF sensor, but at his point, it should have died completely. I'm leaning toward a problem with the TPMS control module, or at least the connection to it. Anyone have any experiences like this and find a soltuion?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Weird issue. No experience with the module, but you might want to rule out the sensors by getting those checked at a tire shop where they can use their sensor detector to see if they can get a reading.

·
Registered
238 Posts
2011 Pilot Touring @123,000 miles now. It's on its summer wheel and tire set now that has aftermarket TPMS sensors sensors I bought new in April 2018 and installed with new batteries.

For the past 2 months, the Maintenence Minder keeps bringing up "CHECK TPMS SYSTEM". Indicator light blinks on the dash for 75 seconds then goes solid. The MM is getting no reading from any of the (4) TPMS sensors. The system will ocassionally come back back to life and work perfectly for a day or 2, then throw the code again.

I have a Foxwell NT520, so I'm able to clear the code and run through HDS diagnostic procedures. I'm pulling code 32 for a RF sensor issue. If I clear the code, the system operates fine for 20-25 miles, the throws the code again. I've worked through diagnostics up to the point where I'm supposed to swap a tire with known good sensor on. The other wheels have snow tires on them though and I'm waiting for temps to cool at least a little before I do that.

I've considered that it could be a low battery in the RF sensor, but at his point, it should have died completely. I'm leaning toward a problem with the TPMS control module, or at least the connection to it. Anyone have any experiences like this and find a soltuion?
The lithium ion batteries inside TPMS sensors may last anywhere from five to 10 years. Five to six years is a more typical lifespan for older TPMS sensors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts