Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Looks like a really good idea. I think Honda's doing the right thing by "open sourcing" their car repair info like that. However, it looks as though it's a paid site, which is completely fair, I think since autoshops will be the ones who'll most benefit from the site.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
$50 for a 30-day subscription, huh? I wonder where the break-even point would be if you actually purchased the Service Manuals, Electrical Troubleshooting Manuals, and Service Bulletins...??? Oh well, since I am not the do-it-yourselfer when it comes to my Pilot, this deal ain't for kemosabe!!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Good Idea, but I will not be paying a penny for this information.

rob

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yikes! Honda wants $600 a year for service info? Alldata is about $15 a year for similar information per vehicle. Honda has refused to work with Alldata, who has service info for most other vehicles. I've had subscriptions there for several years and have been fairly pleased with them.
I'll not be paying that kind of money. Seems to follow with Honda's gouging the public like they do with their proprietary fluids.
Don't get me wrong I'm pleased with our Pilot but some things Honda does are very irritating. BTW the motorcycle division isn't near so greedy. A full service manual is like $50.
I also expect the info will show up illegally on the internet sooner or later, such high prices will encourage it.
Al

·
Registered
91 Posts
I think they should give new Honda owners free trials just to see if it meet our expectations.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
swoon said:
I think they should give new Honda owners free trials just to see if it meet our expectations.
They kind of do... from the web page:

"First-time subscribers have 21 days before charges are applied. After 21 days, you will be charged starting from your initial subscription date."

So I guess the key is to log on for 21 days (for as long as you can) and download and print everything humanly possible! Then quit! :p

·
Registered
260 Posts
Has anyone tried to sign up? When I tried it said my username was already taken. Ok, that could happen....but then when I tried again with another, it said my email address was already used too:eek: :eek:

I contacted Honda using the trouble reporting form and have heard nothing back, been almost two weeks, some customer service :confused:

·
Registered
260 Posts
I re-submitted my problem and they called me today. Turns out you can't use the same username or email if you used it to register for anything else Honda has, like the owner link:(
Now is that dumb or what?:bonk:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts