Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 EX-L with 150,000 miles on it. Over the last couple months, the Check Fuel Cap message has been appearing intermittently, although more often on.
I did the obvious, and replaced the fuel cap with a brand new Honda one, and I can assure you I make sure it is tight.
I took it to the local Honda dealership, and they said they checked everything and found no leaks, and reset everything to turn the message off. The next day, the message came back on.
A couple other things that are happening:
  1. When I used to fill the tank, it would register that I had around 420 miles until empty. Now it only comes up at around 350. It also seems like it drops much quicker.
  2. A few weeks ago...the check engine light came on and I had misfires on cylinders 1-3 (I just changed the spark plugs 3 months ago)
I somehow think this is all related, but can't seem to figure out what is going on, only that it is a problem in the Evap system.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Most likely your Purge Control Valve/Solenoid. Here is the part and a very easy repair that you can do yourself:

If you want to go non-OEM and save a few bucks, check the internet, there are a few non-oem brands that are just as good.

Good Luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most likely your Purge Control Valve/Solenoid. Here is the part and a very easy repair that you can do yourself:

If you want to go non-OEM and save a few bucks, check the internet, there are a few non-oem brands that are just as good.

Good Luck
Thank you. I will try that first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts