Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 2WD V6
Check engine light comes on for two to three weeks then goes out and everything is normal again. It seems to be staying on longer since of late. Changed the oil sensor by the dipstick, I think that's the rear sensor? The dealer wants to change out the valve pause system. over $1000.

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
2013 2WD V6
Check engine light comes on for two to three weeks then goes out and everything is normal again. It seems to be staying on longer since of late. Changed the oil sensor by the dipstick, I think that's the rear sensor? The dealer wants to change out the valve pause system. over $1000.
It be good to have the engine code. Is there an oil leak in this location? If not, you likely can replace the oil pressure switch.
Item# 37240-R70-A04

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2013 2WD V6
It be good to have the engine code. Is there an oil leak in this location? If not, you likely can replace the oil pressure switch.
Item# 37240-R70-A04
Engine Code P3400
The engine also shakes at 20-30 MPH. When the vehicle is cold it runs better.

·
Registered
9,443 Posts

P3400
Possible Causes

• Low engine oil level
  • Faulty Rocker Arm Oil Control Solenoid
  • Faulty EOP (Engine Oil Pressure) sensor
  • Incorrect oil type used
  • Engine mechanical condition
This code pertains to Bank 1.
The Vtec assembly (or VVT) mounted next to the back engine head, drivers side.
If there is any oil leaking, I like to buy the whole assembly.

This gives you the 2 gaskets that eventually need replacing anyway.
If you have oil leaking around your dipstick, I'd order 2 and do both sides.
You can order just the oil pressure sensor and RA solenoid. Let me know if you want help with those part numbers.
I wouldn't drive the vehicle until it's fixed. What's your milage?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No oil leak, no foul plug. I took it to the dealer to check on the recall concerning the #6 cylinder leaking but was good.
I always use full synthetic oil.
The engine is in good condition, highway miles only. 2700 miles.
I Changed one oil pressure switch by the dipstick no change with the engine light.
I have not checked on the rocker arm as yet.
Is it possible to download a manual?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Should I install the spool valve by the oil dipstick, or by the firewall? I think this engine uses two spool valves for the code P3400.

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
Should I install the spool valve by the oil dipstick, or by the firewall? I think this engine uses two spool valves for the code P3400.
P3400 is Bank 1. Firewall side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts