Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so since Christmas I have replaced front calipers, Master cylinder, Lower control arm, steering knuckle with hub & bearing and rotor on the driver's side then found my tie rod needed to be replaced, did that inner and outer put everything back together and it's driving okay but now the check engine light came on, showing code for multiple misfires 🤦‍♀️😤 is this just time for new plugs etc or did something cause it from the repairs? Any ideas? I'm planning on a tune up regardless I'm just curious due to the fact that it literally happened after everything was installed. Any help is much appreciated!

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
If none of the things you replace are engine related, then it would be logical to say that your misfire codes are real.
What is your milage?
Has the timing belt water pump job been done?
Spark plugs can cause misfires. Especially if worn by high milage or if the previous owner installed cheapies. Other things to check for is oil in the spark tubes, clogged air filter and inspect the air intake tube for cracks. These become brittle with age and often crack when servicing air filter. Clamps should be tight.
What are the CEL codes exactly?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going with spark plugs it showed 2 cylinder misfires and the p1399 it is due for a spark plug change. It was more the irony of the fact that I had literally just completed everything not even 24 hours before it showed up lol I guess it just wanted a little more attention. All of my basic maintenance has been kept up, I was just throwing rocks in the dark just to make sure. Thanks for the feedback 😊

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
I'm going with spark plugs it showed 2 cylinder misfires and the p1399 it is due for a spark plug change. It was more the irony of the fact that I had literally just completed everything not even 24 hours before it showed up lol I guess it just wanted a little more attention. All of my basic maintenance has been kept up, I was just throwing rocks in the dark just to make sure. Thanks for the feedback 😊
Trouble Code P1399
Possible Causes

• Valve clearance out of range
  • Blocked EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) Passages
Time to replace EGR valve clean tube from catalytic converter to EGR. Remove top plate on intake plenum and clean.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,283 Posts

Or just replace it with a new one. That's what I would do and I'm a cheap bastard. :)

Do the ports/passages while you're at it.

·
Registered
9,474 Posts

Or just replace it with a new one. That's what I would do and I'm a cheap bastard. :)

Do the ports/passages while you're at it.

Thank for the addition of the videos. Was to lazy to look them up.
I was still amazed that I got an OEM Continental EGR valve when I ordered Standard Motor Product from RockAuto. Got a great price and OEM.

Reactions: plplplpl
1 - 6 of 6 Posts