Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
How can stop check engine light in Honda pilot 2008 from coming on?
The CEL is a warning that there is an issue with your vehicle. Scan for the specific code(s) and post them here for further discussion. Some auto parts stores like Advance Auto offer a free scan for these code(s). Probably best not to stop CEL from coming on until the issue is identified and resolved.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,241 Posts
The CEL is a warning that there is an issue with your vehicle. Scan for the specific code(s) and post them here for further discussion. Some auto parts stores like Advance Auto offer a free scan for these code(s). Probably best not to stop CEL from coming on until the issue is identified and resolved.
Doubt they have an Advance Auto near his location. Hey @aggrex , I know a Canadian prince who'd like to share his tax inheritance with you if you'll only PM me your bank details. :p

The guy was banned from the get-go. His location flag is Nigeria, where Honda doesn't sell Pilots, as far as I know.

Unless he's that famous price there and was able to import one with all that money he says there's a way to share with you.

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
Oh my!
Did we get phished?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,241 Posts
Oh my!
Did we get phished?
Let's not discount the distinct possibility that it's our friend 'Hoe Fever, the international man of mystery who's been known to change his avatar and spoof his location. :)

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,398 Posts
Sometimes all you have to do is drive over a pothole and the CEL will turn off. Whenever it comes on I don't get too worried because I think the computers are too finicky.

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
Sometimes all you have to do is drive over a pothole and the CEL will turn off. Whenever it comes on I don't get too worried because I think the computers are too finicky.
I'm sure you could find a few potholes to drive through in Nigeria. Probably some really good ones made with mortar rounds.

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
Let's not discount the distinct possibility that it's our friend 'Hoe Fever, the international man of mystery who's been known to change his avatar and spoof his location. :)

View attachment 135238
Are you sure? Poor guy in Nigeria may have a family of 6 and he's trying to get his Honda to pass inspection.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
2010 Pilot EXL
111 Posts
How can stop check engine light in Honda pilot 2008 from coming on?
Put a piece of tape over it ;-)

Seriously, if you are asking this question, you have no business trying to fix anything. Take it to a shop to be diagnosed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts