Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I have a 2011 Pilot EX-L 230K miles. I may have not tightened the gas cap properly but freaked out when the CEL came on. Pilot ran normal, no shudders or anything. I parked at work and unscrewed the gas cap and tightened to one click. I read in the manual that it may take several days for the light to go out.
I left work 8 hours later and the light was still on and the ECO light never came on even when idling down a hill.
Any thoughts? Am I freaking out for no reason?
Your insights appreciated!

·
Registered
219 Posts
You need to read the code to find out what the issue really is. Head to autozone, OReillys, ect. and have them pull the code for you.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Auto Zone showed a P0430 code, Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold B2. The good news is that I can still drive it, the bad is getting a new one but the price for the part isn't too bad. The guy at auto zone said something about 'cat cleaner', a bit leery about that, think I'll just get a new cat next month. Thanks for the advice!!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Auto Zone showed a P0430 code, Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold B2. The good news is that I can still drive it, the bad is getting a new one but the price for the part isn't too bad. The guy at auto zone said something about 'cat cleaner', a bit leery about that, think I'll just get a new cat next month. Thanks for the advice!!!
It's more likely to be the oxygen sensor on the downside of the converter. Usually performance is greatly reduced with a plugged cat but it could be.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! The light is out now, never lost performance. I did a whole lot of praying!
When I go in for my oil change, I will have them run the codes at the dealership and see what if anything is left on memory.
I believe the code in question is a hard code and won't erase. Will find out.
Thanks everyone for your insight and suggestions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts