Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
codes read that all the cylinders are misfiring. this is not the case. I had a new motor put in and the light came on after a day. I noticed when the VTM-4 light comes on I can feel the car bog down just a bit. I drive it a lot and the lights are always on. Someone said I might need a new computer. We tried to reset it but it still comes back on..

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,174 Posts
Does your scanner read Honda specific codes? The Honda specific codes could provide useful diagnostic information.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Try taking off the pcv valve and clean. I had a similar problem with engine light coming on and vcm light too. Ended up just being up being little piece of carbon holding the pcv valve open....worth a try and doesn’t take long either. Good luck

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,234 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
codes read that all the cylinders are misfiring. this is not the case. I had a new motor put in and the light came on after a day. I noticed when the VTM-4 light comes on I can feel the car bog down just a bit. I drive it a lot and the lights are always on. Someone said I might need a new computer. We tried to reset it but it still comes back on..
Clean the EGR passages in the intake manifold. This is a common problem in older Pilots with high miles. The passages get clogged with carbon and cause random misfires. This, in turn, causes the VTM dash indicator to light. Clean the passages, check the function of the EGR valve itself, and replace the PCV valve (cheap). If you can't DIY, have your mech do it.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,234 Posts
^^^What he said. Here's a helpful video.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts