Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 4WD Touring with approx 115,000 miles. Yesterday I was driving down the freeway with everything seemingly normal when suddenly the check engine light came on and the message "Check Emission System" appeared on the steering column display. The vehicle continued to drive with no discernible change, except that it will no longer go into ECO mode.

I have checked the gas cap fit and have started and stopped the engine half a dozen times, including overnight, and nothing has changed. It still won't enter ECO mode and the check engine light and the warning still appear. Otherwise it is running and handling perfectly normal.

Any ideas, or do I just need to bite the bullet and take it to the shop? :confused:

Pat

·
Registered
50 Posts
Go down to your local auto parts store and they can usually check the codes for free. You'll know more when you get the code and then some google searches will help find you answers. Then I would go to the shop if I couldn't find anything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did your VSA and VTM4 message also come on? I also have a 2010 Pilot Touring. A few minutes after the Check emission light came on and the message appeared on the screen, my VSA and VTM4 lights came on.
Likely it is a misfire in one of the VCM cylinders. Either a fouled plug or the plug may have come loose.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Did your VSA and VTM4 message also come on? I also have a 2010 Pilot Touring. A few minutes after the Check emission light came on and the message appeared on the screen, my VSA and VTM4 lights came on.
Likely it is a misfire in one of the VCM cylinders. Either a fouled plug or the plug may have come loose.
I had a bad plug on #1 that caused the same thing. The insulator was broken/gone. I replaced all plugs and no more check emission light. I also had a misfire codes as well as VSA warning lights that also got cleared up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2010 4WD Touring with approx 115,000 miles. Yesterday I was driving down the freeway with everything seemingly normal when suddenly the check engine light came on and the message "Check Emission System" appeared on the steering column display. The vehicle continued to drive with no discernible change, except that it will no longer go into ECO mode.

I have checked the gas cap fit and have started and stopped the engine half a dozen times, including overnight, and nothing has changed. It still won't enter ECO mode and the check engine light and the warning still appear. Otherwise it is running and handling perfectly normal.

Any ideas, or do I just need to bite the bullet and take it to the shop? :confused:

Pat
Hello, after going through countless parts on my 2010 honda pilot touring I finally changed out all 4 oxygen sensors and it fixed the problem. I've heard so many people taking it to the dealer and they replace the injectors and fuel rails. It's most likely the oxygen sensor. There are 4 sensors and it's best if you get the check engine codes from your local parts dealer to determine which sensor or sensors are the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts