Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's 2013 Pilot started to display the "Check Charging System" warning last night. I assumed the battery was dying, so I started it with the intent of driving it to the auto parts store to get the battery checked. This time, the navigation system and radio all went dead and a series of warnings started cycling on the info screen.

I checked the belts that I could see, and they all look to be in place and taught (no loose or broken belts).

I'm currently charging the battery to see if that is the issue. My mechanic is a couple miles away, so I just want to be able to get it there.

Does this sound like an alternator issue? Something worse / more expensive? The fact that the warning screen was signaling a bunch of warnings concerns me, but I'm hoping that's just an effect of the charging system / battery is low on power.

Appreciate any guidance anyone can lend here.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
1,949 Posts
Could be many things. The first two that come to mind is either the Alternator or the Battery. Loose belts could cause the issue as could corroded wires or connections. The only other item I can think of would be the computer itself. Your on the right track.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts