Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Honda Pilot. Car ran awesome until we took it to get the airbag redone because of the recall I few months back (possibly unrelated).
Check Charging System light came on while my wife was sitting in the school parking lot waiting on the kids. I figure it's the alternator. Get it home. After it dies I replace Battery and Alternator. Ran good with no issues until today. It's raining outside and I notice the Check Charging System light is on yet again. I figure it's the serpentine belt because its wet and it's old....maybe it's slipping. Replace it. Nothing. I'm at a loss. I'm tired of figuring and I'm at a loss. Any ideas as to what the heck is going on? The Check Charging System light is on. The Check Braking System light is on. The Check VSA light is on. And finally the Check ABS light is on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had Check Charging system come up once weather started getting cold the winter after getting my 2011 Pilot. The battery that came with the car looked to have been installed new at the used car dealer I purchased it from, but it was just convention lead acid. When the temps really dropped, it would not longer start the car.

At least on my Touring, the draw, or potential draw on the system, is excessive. If you've got all the lights on, the nav, the stereo, the seat heaters, etc., you're pulling more power than the alternator can deliver and are using battery power to make up the difference. Honda recommends a deep cycle battery for Touring models. I went with an absorbed glass mat battery after a good bit of research.

I'd start with the basics first. Pull the battery cables, clean the posts and dab on some dielectric grease.

As for your other warnings, are there fault codes? With little info, it SOUNDS like a bad ABS sensor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts