Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

CHEAP VCM disable kit $20

6K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  cinderellacleaningse 
#1 ·
Hi all I just received my VCM kit I got from ebay, requires a little bit of assembling but its cheap and it works.

#4 ·
Yes instructions are complete with pictures, (can be a little tricky when assembling the connectors and what pins to use, but take your time and read the instructions. Seller sells an assembled one for $40) installation takes like 5 mins, I used the 100ohm resistor for mine here in California, disables VCM 90% of the time, and if cruising highway speeds, it never comes on. VCM only comes on if at a stoplight and no AC (which means no fans), but will go away once I get air moving over the radiator.

#17 ·
The parts are listed but the descriptions are generic. I suppose the wiring, different resistors, and quick connectors are generic and commonly available if you shop for DIY electronics (I don't). The factory style connector would have to be specific of course. Maybe someone who knows this stuff can add links to the parts list for members inclined to build their own.

Looks like the price is back down to something more reasonable. This seller changed the product to something that requires fewer steps for assembly but raised the price to $25.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Acur...rentrq:1853e38f16d0abc229aacdf8ffbac864|iid:1

This seller also have a fully assembled version for $49.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Acur...noa=0&pg=2047675&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1

Just sharing - haven't tried either of these so can't endorse them. But I am going to eventually get something to disable VCM to see how it drives and what oil loss is afterwards.

Also, this seller is different than creator and seller of VCMuzzlerII, who is Verbatim, a forum member. Perhaps the function is the same, but the product looks different. The VCMuzzlerII is more plug and play for trying different resistors and adds protection for the wiring.

#18 ·
Go to vcmtuner.com 139.00 next avail orders are mon only 8:58 PST or 11:58 EDT and follow order directions. My 2015 honda pilot will need vcmtuner II. $139. It will save your engine etc s must need to bypass ECO. You do not want it popping up on your dash once the tuner has been installed my Honda Acura repair guy is going to install it for free. It only takes 10 to 15 minutes for installation but you want it to bypass this echo, which is supposed to save you gas cause if you don't, it'll cause long-term damage to your engine Will keep it in six cylinder mode. Constant must need. my 2006 model does not require one best made model ever.