Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 2016 Pilot Elite. When using remote start I could open the tailgate without the car shutting off.

Now I have a 2019 Honda Elite and when using remote start, if I open the tailgate the car shuts off.

Any workarounds or “fixes” to have it work like the 2016?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I haven’t noticed that on my 2019 Touring but I believe I’ve been unlocking the doors before opening the lift gate. Not sure if that makes a difference or if you are also doing the same.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Noticed that too with a 2019 Pilot EX-L. Based on some brief testing it does seem that if you open the tailgate it will shut off the car for some reason, but if you open the doors it will keep on running -- I have yet to combine it all and try unlocking the doors before opening the tailgate after a remote start.

(On a somewhat related but different note, I wish we were able to control the tailgate warning sound at least to make it a little quieter and/or shorter).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It does stay on if you manually open the tailgate versus using the remote.

Have to try with handsfree opening of tailgate and also try unlocking doors before using tailgate on remote.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I got a chance to test things out a bit recently and looks like unlocking the doors before opening the tailgate after a remote start does work in terms of keeping the car running.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts