Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new 2021 Black edition pilot and all is fine except for one sound issue. When the center speaker is turned up it starts sounding muffled like a 1980s AM radio. All the others speakers sound fine.

Anyone else had this issue with the center speaker? The center sounds bad from any input but really bad via bluetooth audio. I called the dealership and they said “bring it in” but just wondering if anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
813 Posts
What center speaker are you talking about? Is it the one right above the screen?

I don't have any issues with my speakers, but a couple days ago I turned it up to a high volume and it wasn't the clearest of audio. I think my settings may have been messed up for the audio system though. I'll have to mess around with it a bit more. Hopefully you get the problem solved easily if you do have to get something fixed!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What center speaker are you talking about? Is it the one right above the screen?

I don't have any issues with my speakers, but a couple days ago I turned it up to a high volume and it wasn't the clearest of audio. I think my settings may have been messed up for the audio system though. I'll have to mess around with it a bit more. Hopefully you get the problem solved easily if you do have to get something fixed!
Yes the one above the screen, as a favor go in your audio sound settings and turn the center speaker all the way. Then play audio volume at around 15, mine starts horrible distortion. Literally reminds me of my transistor radio from 1985!

·
Registered
29 Posts
We have a 21 Elite. The sound system sucks. Easily the bottom of the barrel against it's competitors in top trim which we drove most before buying the pilot. It's not even as good as the stereo in my mid trim 7 yr old truck.

Is it perhaps just bad / lacking amp power you are hearing turning it up too much. Or the center just intended for mid range and mising the other frequencies. I know on ours I turned on the fake surround and turned off very quickly. Perhaps because of the inferior center?

Of course you could still have an issue.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Yes the one above the screen, as a favor go in your audio sound settings and turn the center speaker all the way. Then play audio volume at around 15, mine starts horrible distortion. Literally reminds me of my transistor radio from 1985!
I just checked and mine works just fine. I think theres just an issue with your car. I’ve never seen something like this before happen on a Pilot, or any car in fact.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just checked ours. Clearly made for mids in the vocal range. Clearly clipped at either end when volume is turned up. Fake DTS made it worse. Tested with FLAC from Android Auto. But not as bad as you are describing. And once the center is turned down to a reasonable level seems to work like any other center.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Audio equipment Electronic device Electronics Technology Hardwood
Just got my new 2021 Black edition pilot and all is fine except for one sound issue. When the center speaker is turned up it starts sounding muffled like a 1980s AM radio. All the others speakers sound fine.

Anyone else had this issue with the center speaker? The center sounds bad from any input but really bad via bluetooth audio. I called the dealership and they said “bring it in” but just wondering if anyone else had this issue?
Have you heard a 1980's AM radio? I have a few with and they sound pretty darn good. Lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.