Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today as I was towing a trailer back to the rental place for my company I had a sudden thought when... I go over a bump in the road and the empty trailer bounces jerking my Pilot a little and causes the 3rd row center seat belt to pull out and smack the rear window.

Now this has happened before but today I had a epiphany when it happened. Why couldn't Honda or a 3rd party company make a cover plate that would snap over the place the seat belt is hooked into. So it would hide the belt from view. Or if they could not make a snap on one make an entirely new seatbelt mount on the roof that replaces the existing ones.

Not only would this make it a bit more pleasing to the eye but safer plus the damn belt may stay up there. My other thought on this was children. If you had a few kids in the back and the seatbelt was covered they would be less likely to play with it and pull it down.

Someone make it happen!!!! All I ask for is 35% of the profits for the idea. :2:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Same idea here with cargo area mirrors, a la 04 4Runner, help reduce the blind spots right behind the Pilot. It is no substitute for rear view camera nor backup sensors, but certain much better than nothing. 10% profit is fine with me.

:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The velcro is a nice idea, actually I will probably do that. A cover plate would be nice since I will probably never use the 3rd row center seatbelt and wouldn't have to explain the strange belt in the roof everytime someone else rides with me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts