Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Ridgeline BE
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Ridgeline Owners Club member here. Long story short, I am debating trying to retrofit the Pilot Qi charger in my RL. I have looked through the install instructions, and searched the web for info. I feel like this is fairly easily doable with one caveat. What is in that 7 pin connector that connects to the new center console. I assume two wires are power and ground, but what are the other 5? Are they all going to the head unit for the remote control of it to turn it on and off?

If I can get away with power and ground, my thought is I can just run a cable under it into the console with a USB connector on it, so I can easily turn it on and off by unplugging that cable. TIA for any info.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Try searching for posts from "Mt Man" on the board. I know he has posted some very helpful information including wire diagram for by-passing the idle auto stop. I think it was for the 2019 model but also had the earlier model year difference noted. Post # 18 in this thread with the 2019 information from MtMan

2019 Console wire

Check out this thread about the auto idle stop disable, it has wire information you may be looking for

Console wire information

·
Registered
2018 Ridgeline BE
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that definitely has a lot of good info. I still don't see what wires are actually feeding the wireless charger to see if it is as simple as power and ground. After chatting with another member on the ROC, it sounds like there is more to it than just power/ground, which I kind of suspected that it would connect to the can bus. Assuming it has to have a signal from the can bus to keep it on, even with power/gnd, I am afraid I am not going to be able retrofit it anyway.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Hopefully someone else will be able to help with more information.

There is also a web site where you can purchase a limited time (1 day, 30 days, 365 days) and obtain repair and service information. I haven't used it but the 1 day for a vehicle owner is only $10.00.

You may be able to obtain additional information for future needs also within that 1 day window. You could contact them and see what is available to you as an owner and what you could download and keep.

Honda Service and Repair Information

Reactions: gti16vman

·
Registered
2018 Ridgeline BE
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I have actually seen that, but was hoping to avoid it if someone else had already pulled that diagram. $10 is halfway to a mat on Amazon assuming I can't do this!

·
Registered
2018 Ridgeline BE
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you @Jrgomez15 !

Hard to know for sure just connecting power and ground via pins 1 and 6 would actually get me what I want. Pin 7 reports any DTC's, then there are the two can bus connections. I am afraid just powering it will not get it to "turn on", it will need something from the can bus to tell it to work...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Your welcome @gti16vman.
I understand. It's hard to come by good information on the forums. And yeah the pin 6 should power the device on when ignition is turn on. Then constant voltage and ground.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Every little bit of information is helpful. I already have the wireless charger physically installed in my Ridgeline. Awaiting more info to get it wired properly. Thank you for the diagrams.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts