Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched Amazon, eBay and Google in general for center console organizers and/or trays, and this type of 6-cube divider is the only thing I come up with for the 3rd Gen Pilot...

https://www.amazon.ca/Vehicle-OCD-2016-2019-Ridgeline-2017-2019/dp/B01KI7RU16/

Is that seriously all there is? I was hoping for something a bit more functional, like a (larger and better designed) replacement tray for the tiny factory one which isn't particularly useful.

But as I noted, the 6-cube style dividers is all I am able to find (from various vendors). I don't find these particularly useful or appealing as the 6 divided sections look to be too small and inflexible for practical storage.

Does anyone have any other/better options?

Cheers!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Searched for the same answer, these are all I've found from Ridgeline users

·
Registered
743 Posts
Ordered one earlier this week. Will post details or pics later
I found this one on amazon also which appears to be very similar if not the same as the one posted previously. This one is only $2.72 and includes my free Prime shipping! For less than $3.00 I figured it is worth a try. I have the six compartment dividers in there now but want to try something else.

$2.72 Console Organizer w/Amazon Prime free shipping

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I too ordered the same one this morning. Should arrive on Monday. Looks like the best option available to me.

I did scour the various bins and organizers available at Home Depot, Canadian Tire and a few other places and saw nothing locally available that was better. Only thing close I found that looked like a potential solution was a kitchen drawer organizer for knives and forks - it was really nicely made with rubberized inserts etc, but was only about 2" high, so wouldn't really divide the deep console into much better usable space, only the bottom.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I received my under $3.00 center console organizer that I posted a link to in my reply #5 above. I removed the one I had purchased when I first got the Pilot, which is the large 6 compartment one as linked to in post #1. I did kind of like the six compartments, but the pieces are not attached in a way that they will not flex, and I actually just kept throwing more stuff into it that I really didn't need.

The smaller one piece I got is a lot better for my needs. It has a large enough front compartment to put in a notebook, pens, pill case, and a few other items. The other compartments are kind of small, but I have a LED flashlight in one, a coin holder and a roll of dog poop bags in another bigger compartment (our German Shepard mix is pretty much a permanent passenger in the car so I always make sure to have something to clean up after her when I walk her), and a few other items in the other compartments.

The factory sliding tray is high enough to still slide, the front of the console box has a cut out that the power cable can remain plugged into the USB port in the console, the console light still lights up, and the box is small enough that I can store a few larger items along side of it and the console. Items such as a few bags of doggy treats, and a larger notebook that I keep track of my fuel fill ups. I like it better than the 6 compartment flexible one and for under $3.00, I REALLY like it!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My bar caddy arrived today... it's perfect! Has enough versatility with the 3 different compartment sizes, plus the fact that it's about 2" narrower than the console itself leaves a nice longer space for things like window scrapers, large flashlight, etc.

IMO, this organizer should have been factory included, but, it's cheap so if you want to tidy up your cavern, I say go for it!

Cheers

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The plastic on the bar caddy is actually a lot thicker than I thought it would be. It's very solid and well made. Here's a couple of pictures...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts