Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANyone know how to replace the center armrest lid? Mine has bubbles and I wanted to order a new one online but wanted to know if it;s an easy swap out. There are 4 screws in the plastic on the under side of the lid. I took them out but it looks more complicated. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
155 Posts
The leather is stapled down from underneath. Once you remove all the screws the plastic has small clips. Then you see the underbelly of the lid. I planned on redoing it myself but I need to find the same type of staples so I can secure it again. I don't think glue would hold it correctly.

So says latinmaxima, so it shall be done!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just replaced the lid. It cost about $70 with shipping. Real easy to do. The new lid comes with the plastic and latch and metal hinge. Just pop off the back and unscrew and replace. took about 10 minutes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What if I wanted to get the center lid console replaced with custom leather? Would this be possible or would I have to buy some kind of replacement parts before taking it in to the upholstery worker?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would think you could remove and take to the upholstery shop and then put it back in place. The covering is stapled from the underside. They should be able to remove and recover pretty easily.

If you do this I would remove the entire lid like I described above and then take it apart to get to the part to be recovered. This will be a lot easier than trying to take it apart while still attached to the console.

·
Registered
56 Posts
This forum has a "search" function, it works almost like Google's search, you type letters that form words into the "search" box and through the magic of computational analysis....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey rck1.

Where did you get the lid from for $70?

Everywhere I look it $130+. I tried looking for aftermarket but can’t find it. I even searched for 3D printed ones.

Just replaced the lid. It cost about $70 with shipping. Real easy to do. The new lid comes with the plastic and latch and metal hinge. Just pop off the back and unscrew and replace. took about 10 minutes.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
$15 for a leather cover (ebay), $3 for spray adhesive, and $15 for a staplegun and staples. About 30 minutes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts