Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I've had my Pillot for nine months and LOVE IT. It's the most awesome vehicle my wife and I have owned. Anyway, does anyone have the problem of the front center armrest not staying down? Mine used to, but now it keeps "popping" up out of the snapped position. I couldn't find a thread on this, so I started this one. Thanks!

·
Registered
300 Posts
If I'm no mistaking, the center arm rest suppose to snap with the cell holder right? If you snap the cell phone holder to the center arm rest it will not pop-up anymore. I think, I used to have the same issue, but now I'm used to it by snapping the cell phone holder and the center arm rest together.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I just checked the arm rest for the center console. The latch for the cell phone opening and the latch for the arm rest are separate. You do not need to keep the cell phone latch closed in order to latch the arm rest. I suspect the arm rest latch is worn out or something is out of alignment. Check the plastic piece with coin holder. Is it loose? Anyway, you're still under warranty. Take it in and have it replaced.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Do you have any coins in the coin slots? If so, you may have too many. I noticed that when I almost filled the slots, the lid would not close well. Took some out...problem gone. Besides, I needed to put some coins into "not an ashtray" so it didn't feel so lonely and under-used.

--Bret

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have had my pilot for over one month and my arm rest keeps popping up. It drives me nuts, I am taking it in next week for my first oil change and this is one of the first items I am going to have them fix.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The fix is easy. It is the screws attaching the lid to the hinge. Not real easy to get at, but it is the culprit.

·
Registered
328 Posts
frankie's pilot said:
I have had my pilot for over one month and my arm rest keeps popping up. It drives me nuts, I am taking it in next week for my first oil change and this is one of the first items I am going to have them fix.
Why are you taking it for its 1st oil change after only a month of driving? Isn't it too early? What is the mileage?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mmmm. Well, I am already aware of the "too many coins for the lid to shut" problem, and I also realize that the cell phone holder being closed has nothing to do with it. But I haven't checked for JeffU's thing...the screws that hold the hinge on to the lid. I am on business this week, but as soon as I return I will check it out!

·
Registered
342 Posts
I adjusted the screws to fix mine. Took two minutes and it's been fine ever since.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Are we talking about the screws on the hinge? What adjustment can you make? I do not want to make matters worse. I had my oil changed on Saturday and they could not work on the warranty items until this week. As for owning the Pilot for One month I drive about 3, 000 per month.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I adjusted the screws on the hinge and the screws that hold the latch piece in place.

The hinge screws I did on purpose and ended up seating the console lid better.

The latch screws were adjusted by me adding lighting to the console interior. Click on the Console Lights link in my sig to see what I mean.

Not sure which one fixed the problem but the problem went away after I finished messing with the lid.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Still having problem

I tried to fix the screws a couple of times and took the coins out but the problem still exist...anyone know what else I should try before having the dealer do something about it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
After popping out the rear AC console panel and tightening the two screws underneath the problem is now fixed...thanks for all the posts!

·
Registered
121 Posts
My arm rest keeps popping up, and I know it is due to the hinge being loose. But, I can't figure out how to remove the rear AC console panel. Would someone please post some detailed instructions for removing that panel.

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
ck55 said:
My arm rest keeps popping up, and I know it is due to the hinge being loose. But, I can't figure out how to remove the rear AC console panel. Would someone please post some detailed instructions for removing that panel.

ck55: Here is page 20-61 from the Service Manual:

Attachments

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
ck55 said:

ck55: Here is page 20-62 from the Service Manual:

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thank you Kemosabe for the instructions. I can now fix this problem myself, rather than going to the dealer.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts