Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to switch the thermometer to Celsius? The reset button does not do it. Figure there has to be a way since our neighbors up north do not us Fahrenheit. Would be nice to be able to switch back and forth.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I wanted to know how to switch also. However, I wanted to know how to switch from Celsius to Fahrenheit. In my Dodge I just press a button on the overhead console to switch back and forth. In the case of the Pilot I suspect we can't switch back and forth. If you have the metric speedo you get celsius, if you have the US speedo you get Fahrenheit. If you find out differently let me know.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I saw nothing in the manual which says you can switch back and forth, although I assume the Canadian models show the temp in Celcius

·
Registered
919 Posts
I could see a few possibilities here. The first is that it could be hard coded on a bios somewhere, in which case you'll just have to live with it. It could be a botton/ignition change combo and an Internet search or access to a service manual might do the trick. It could be a jumper or switch somewhere, again an Internet search or service manual might do the trick. It could also be something that is changed via the console accessed through the ODB diagnostic connector under the steering wheel.

Now you have me curious about this. I think I'm going to do some searching myself.

Chris

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scoobs said:
In my Dodge I just press a button on the overhead console to switch back and forth.
That was also true on my 1997 Jeep Cherokee that I traded in on the Pilot. Over here in Germany, it is useful to have both options. It is also a good test for myself to be able to convert one to the other in my head just by recognizing the number and know whether that is cold or hot.

·
Registered
919 Posts
So far it's not looking good. The only references I can find indicate that it's likely a different control module (at about $300). I'm still looking though!

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts