Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to get an Ideal of the location of where your mounting your cell phones, the CR-V has it mounted to the window, and work fine, except for when I drive in direct sunlight.
I don't want it down low, I'd like to keep my eyes close to the road, I like to manipulate the phone for changing music artist while I am driving.

can you post pix and tell a little about the mount your using? the Pro Clip seems a little pricey, but I kinda like the location.

·
Administrator
15,407 Posts
I don’t encourage buying air vent based cell phone mounts. The vents break too easily.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scorp, I've thought about that one, 'cept you can't turn off the vent heat, like with the outer vents

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a ‘15. I put my magnetic holder on the shelf on the right side of the radio display. I have to keep it out of the sun. Overheats.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a ‘15. I put my magnetic holder on the shelf on the right side of the radio display. I have to keep it out of the sun. Overheats.
do you have pix?

·
Registered
409 Posts
I did try a number of mounts over years. Most surfaces in the Pilot are textured, so suction cups don't hold long. And I did not want to glue one of those sooth circles. Sure there's windshield, but I don't like stuff on the windshield. The insides of a pocket under climate controls are smooth but it puts the phone a bit too low. Having to take eyes too far off the road. The mount I linked kinda puts the phone in perfect position, and the weight of the mount causes the vent to point down. Sure it blows on the phone somewhat but not too much.

Of course, my final solution was this:
Final_nav.jpg

·
Registered
33 Posts
I’ve had a Koomas mounted on the left vertical side of center display. Been there several years. The Koomas Pro is even better. They also have one that inserts in the CD slot.

Pro Clip makes mounts the fasten by locking onto seams

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did try a number of mounts over years. Most surfaces in the Pilot are textured, so suction cups don't hold long. And I did not want to glue one of those sooth circles. Sure there's windshield, but I don't like stuff on the windshield. The insides of a pocket under climate controls are smooth but it puts the phone a bit too low. Having to take eyes too far off the road. The mount I linked kinda puts the phone in perfect position, and the weight of the mount causes the vent to point down. Sure it blows on the phone somewhat but not too much.

Of course, my final solution was this:
View attachment 133659
What audio system is that it looks awesome!

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Since ours doesn't have navigation and we only need to see the phone display when using the phone's navigation... I just sit it in front of the built in screen. Our phones both have the rubberized cases (unicorn beetles) and they don't move at all. I was actually really surprised how nicely it worked.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've found a mounting location, took a Q from one of the fellow posters
20200101_144151.jpg 20200101_144158.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts