Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

My 2011 Honda Pilot Touring has about 104,000 miles and been running great. Maintenance has always been done on time according to the schedule intervals. Just recently though the check engine light came up along with the msg "Check emission system" Thinking the VCMuzzler was the cause I removed it and CEL and msg is still there. The vehicle still drives fine I have left the Muzzler off for the time being so I wont forget to remove it if I end up taking it to the dealership for service. With the CEL on the ECO mode has yet to kick on even without the VCMuzzler off. The vehicle is still under an extended warranty (bumper to bumper) until 125,000 miles. Anyone know what the issue is? What does these code means? Anyone with experience dealing with warranty at the dealership and will they cover this fix?

The codes were:

P0455 - EVAP system Leak detected (large leak)
P0456 - EVAP system leak detected (very small leak)
P0498 - EVAP system vent valve control circuit low

thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
The EVAP system collects gasoline vapors and stores them until such time that they can be drawn into the intake air and burned in the cylinders. You will most likely not see any drivability issues with those codes set. If you have the Honda Care warranty, drop it off and they should take care of any issues.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got it resolved. Took it to the local Honda dealership. It ended up being that one of the wires to the EVAP canister was cut up pretty bad and wasn't getting power causing the CEL. They found the Compliance bushing to be bad as well so got those replaced also. Glad I took it in to Honda they covered everything under the warranty even got the airbag recall completed as I was unaware my pilot was part of the recall.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts