Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,907 Posts
Headliner glue has failed or foam backing is deteriorating. Depending upon how severe some just pin the area back up with some pins or screws but the right fix is replacement. There was a recent post from someone satisfied with work performed by a shop to replace the entire headliner.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've exactly have the same issue. Air pockets bubbling in the headliner here and there. There are 3M adhesive spray cans. I'm sure there are youtube videos about how to best address the problem. I watch videos from Gears and Gasoline from time to time and I've seen the guys fix up beaters, but it's not in the title page of the videos so I can't direct you to a specific link. If I have to come across something, I'll get back to you. Vtuned garage does car restoration and body work. I'm sure his channel has videos somewhere in there. I was mulling the best way to take care of it myself, but just haven't gotten around to it yet.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great, thanks all. The the foam is deteriorating. I've taped the sides for the time being, but seems like replacing the entire headliner will be the way to go. I'll do a search to see if I can find the recent thread on it

·
Registered
1 Posts
We had a 2006 Honda Accord that sat outside in the tough Houston, Texas ambient weather conditions.
The Headliner on it started drooping after about 10 or so years.
We took it to a Shop and had it fixed - just like brand new.
Cost was reasonable as I recall.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts