Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience using CD-R discs on either the in-dash CD player or the CD changer? Do they or don't they work? I haven't had any problems with the CD player in my Accord playing CD-Rs, so I'm hoping that the Pilot is the same. I meant to take a CD-R out of my car when we test drove, but I forgot.

I've read some places that people have had different results in other Hondas depending on the brand of CD that they use. So far I'm used Verbatim and Imation with no problems...

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
SPlant ...

CD-Rs and CD-RWs work .... as long as they are burned as normal audio CD's (files in .WAV file format).

PrG

·
Registered
797 Posts
I tried one a friend gave me over the weekend and it would kind of stutter in places. Not sure if it is a CD-R problem, bad copy, or not using an audio quality vs data CD-R.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
It may have been a CD problem ... when I had my PILOT .... I had burned several CDs to try out ... I didn't have a problem with any of them ... I am positive it works though ...

PrG

·
Registered
232 Posts
I've played numerous burned CD-R's in mine and they work fine.

No problems and they sound gooooood :2: :2:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Skipping/erratic playback CD-R's

Several of the audio CDs I've recorded on my computer playback very erratically in my Pilot's CD player. They skip, stutter, just basically sound like gargage. When these CDs are played back on my PC they sound just fine.

Does this have to do with the player itself? The CD media? (I usually buy the cheap media!). Or the recording speed I use (32x)?

I need to know if I should have the CD player replaced under warranty.

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have no problems on mine. All my CD-R burned using TDK media and at 16x speed play fine. I have used both CD Creator and Nero to burn them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts