Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Friends,

I found my CD player to be malfunctional right after I got my new Pilot this month. It doesn't track the CD after 30-second of play. I went back to the dealer; the dealer replied that the best they could do was to order a Honda refurbished audio system for me. I did not like the idea, but that was the way it was done. Two days later, the dealer called me and told me the system was unavailable, and I had to wait up to several months to get it re-installed!!

My CD player problem is not consistent, which means it sometimes works OK, but sometimes loses the track again. Did anyone encountered the same problem? or have any recommendations?

Thanks,

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
bjsub: Just to eliminate the obvious things... but did you try another CD? Perhaps that one CD you were playing was bad? Just a thought to rule out the CD as the cause... :8:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Does this happens with all the CDs you put into the player? Also, does this happen with original music CDs? IOW, are any of them burnt CDs? I found that sometimes, with some of my burnt CDs, the player skips a beat or two, but it doesn't happen all the time.

But what I found in some home cd players, it sometimes has a hard time playing or even recognizing burnt CDs.

But I find it highly disconcerting that the dealer said they'd be replacing your cd player in your brand new Pilot with a refurbished unit. That just doesn't sit right with me. You should take it to other dealers and see what they say.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!!

Hi,

Thank you for your replies! It is very kind of you guys!

I actually tried several CDs, only one of them was a burnt one. I took the car to the dealer; after checking for an hour or so, the technician came to me and recommended a re-installation. The service advisor claimed that the refurbished one was actually better so that I would not run into this problem again because all re-manufactured ones are tested and guaranteed to work.. I will go to another dealer for better deal for sure.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
408 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well I was going to start a new thread but I saw this one. My CD player works fine with prerecorded disks. but i noticed yesterday that when I was playing a CD-R just around the 3rd song it starts this clicking noise and kind of stops tracking all together. I'm going to try and figure this one out, because freshly burnt CD-R's worked fine. The older burnt CD-R's were the ones giving me grief. Has anyone had this too?

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
sagepearl said:
Well I was going to start a new thread but I saw this one. My CD player works fine with prerecorded disks. but i noticed yesterday that when I was playing a CD-R just around the 3rd song it starts this clicking noise and kind of stops tracking all together. I'm going to try and figure this one out, because freshly burnt CD-R's worked fine. The older burnt CD-R's were the ones giving me grief. Has anyone had this too?
Older in age since recorded, or older type disks.

I have found that some cd player do or do not like certain color CD-R disks. I have been using light green 12x to 48X disks recorded at 4X (Slow computer) and have had no trouble.
I remember have some fairly dark blue disks that were not good in lots of players.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I also bought a back of disks of varying color (red, orange, black, etc.) and only a couple of the colors would work (can't remember which, now). So that can be a problem.

But I've also found that the speed and program used to record can be a problem. My wife recently decided to burn a few disks at 32x. They actually do work in the car, but did not work on a friends home unit. Oh, and they are just your run-of-the-mill silver backed disks (I think rated at 42 or 48x).

·
Registered
408 Posts
The problem at your friends home system is different, alot of DVD & CD players they are not compatble to play CD-R discs is only for original CD'S and DVD'S that happens with my new DVD player I never check that feature until was to late to changed.

·
Registered
160 Posts
N_Jay said:

Older in age since recorded, or older type disks.

I have found that some cd player do or do not like certain color CD-R disks. I have been using light green 12x to 48X disks recorded at 4X (Slow computer) and have had no trouble.
I remember have some fairly dark blue disks that were not good in lots of players.

well since I'm a Maxell rep:eek: I have only been using Maxell CD-Rs and I think they are greenish in color. As for the age I meant that I recorded them around a year ago. I'm thinking if it might be a heat problem, maybe we need to find out if its because my cd player is on the top of the counsel (because I have the dvd player on the bottom) I believe the Nav systems the cd player is under the ac controls, and might not get all the heat from the sun. We may have to take a poll with people with cd player problems.

·
Registered
408 Posts
it is a good Idea.

The dealer change my Radio and CD player already but on my trip to the reunion on MD I 'll confirm the situation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts