Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got around to installing the Catz 5100K Aqua White H4 kit today and it was basically a plug and play system. To make the job easier, I took off the front grille for better access. I took some pictures of the stock headlights compared to a Japanese PIAA Super Plazma Bulb compared to the Catz HID.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Looks good and clean install

I had mine almost a year now since I first notice the head light was weak I upgraded both head light and fog light to both HID Kits 4350K. Head Light is HID2000 Dual Low/High beam from hidkits and Fog Light is Catz 4500K.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Now the only problem i see is that H4 bulbs are high and low beams. With HID kits these are not both high and low. So now you are stuck without high beams. Which in my state virginia the car does not pass inspection.

So for all those looking to upgrade to HID's make sure you get a High/Low set or that you are aware that you will lose high beams.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
GlenH said:
Looks great. I've been wanting to upgrade to HIDs. Are they still available anywhere in the US?

Glen
Too late.

Aftermarket HIDs are very difficult to find, now. Most don't meet DOT standards and enforcement has begun on sellers of non-certified equipment. As a result, both the kits and the replacement parts are unobtainable - not even with the "For Off Road Use Only" disclaimer.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Really? Dammatttt :(

·
Registered
300 Posts
Incorrect HID without High Beam

mcd said:
Now the only problem i see is that H4 bulbs are high and low beams. With HID kits these are not both high and low. So now you are stuck without high beams. Which in my state virginia the car does not pass inspection.

So for all those looking to upgrade to HID's make sure you get a High/Low set or that you are aware that you will lose high beams.
I had my HID with low and hight beam.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Litespeeds said:
You must light up the night with HID low beams and HID fog lights on at the same time.:D
Actually, NO, not what you think because the head light Kelvin is standard 4250K, it still yellowish, and it won't hurt an on coming vehicle as you can see in the Pic it is not bright white to hurt your eyes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts