Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone so i was just wondering if there was ever a cassette option for the 06-08 pilots? I know there was the option for the LX models but I was wondering if there was one for the EX and EX-L head units? and if not will a 2003-05 EX head unit be a plug and play type of install?
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Reactions: Matwood

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Time to digitize your tapes and plug an MP3 player into AUX.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Time to digitize your tapes and plug an MP3 player into AUX.
there is even an MP3 player available from Honda I have it my 06

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm that what i'm looking for an Aux input but all the kits for that are garbage. Does Honda offer one?

·
Registered
484 Posts
At least on '07, HU was a 100% standard double-DIN, replaceable with practically any head unit out there on the market. Only caveat being the subwoofer - factory head unit had built-in amp for it. So if you want to continue using factory 12" sub (50W max @ 2 ohms), you would need to put in an amp such as Kicker 42PXA2001

(or you could upgrade the anemic factory sub to a nice 12" shallow mount and drive it with a beefier amp)

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
:)
Description: Upgrade your musical options with this optional cassette player.
:)

I have some great mix tapes from back in the day I'd love to hear again.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
i got mine off ebay it gets installed in one of the lower bays and it's daisy chained to the HU via a cable

·
Registered
2,551 Posts

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Takes a CD-ROM? No USB? Yuck!

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Does it display track information? Artist? Title? Album?

(Retail price: $459.00)
For that price, I also want VIP backstage passes. :)

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
yup fat32 CD-Rom format with MP3 data disk. It does display the track / info etc But the whole cd thing got old very fast
once i upgraded to the new HU it had the USB option so now it just takes up space.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hmm that what i'm looking for an Aux input but all the kits for that are garbage. Does Honda offer one?
[/QUOTE

We use the Aux input via the Red and White RCA jacks in the rear of the center console facing the second row passengers (06 EX L). We have a RCA red/white jack to headphone adapter cable, then headphone cable to your phone headphone jack (or cassette player...)

Worked good for me and 16 year old likes it now as she is taking Ole Blue into retirement...

·
Registered
128 Posts
We use the Aux input via the Red and White RCA jacks in the rear of the center console facing the second row passengers (06 EX L RES). We have a RCA red/white jack to headphone adapter cable, then headphone cable to your phone headphone jack (or cassette player...)

Worked good for me and 16 year old likes it now as she is taking Ole Blue into retirement...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts