Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just got a new 2019 EX-L with no Navigation. It is replacing my wifes 2006 EXL. Love the new one so far but have an issue using Google Maps while music is playing.

My wife was using Google Maps and her iphone is plugged in for CarPlay. She is probably on 12.4 iOS or something like that. She is listening to XM radio and when the directions come on, they play normally but the head unit does not go back to XM radio. It stays in the carplay screen. She has to go back to XM manuaklly in order to get back to the XM station she was listening to. I have a 2018 Hellcat with Uconnect and when Google maps is done giving the voice guidance mine goes back to whatever I was listing to. Do we not have something configured properly or is this a Honda issue?

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
32 Posts
This has been ongoing for awhile. Had the same problem with my 2016 and 2019. It worked as it supposed to with some iOS versions but once updated it broke. I try to keep an eye out for Honda updates to fix it but they release maybe 1 update per model year, no chance we’ll get updates to accommodate iOS updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need to check my iPhone to see if it for the same thing. My iPhone is the 11 with my OS up to date. It’s a shame to hear though this is a known issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts