Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any options to have a CarPlay upgrade in the stock info/Navi panel for the 2011 model? I have the EX L trim with navigation. As of now, my navigation is outdated and useless. If there is a way to add this feature so I can use my Google maps or Waze from my mobile.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You will have to find something with a single DIN, the way the dash tapers will not allow a double DIN, which are how most Apple CarPlay stereos. Here is one I found by Pioneer (AVH-3500NEX) that may work. There are a few others I have seen on Crutchfield, but that one looked the best from known manufacturers.

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
No, I have a 2010 EX-L without Navi. I started to look into it so I could have better Bluetooth for calls in the car, and didn't find a head unit I was willing to invest in at the time. I had also read some conflicting opinions on adding aftermarket head units with existing 7 channel speakers and losing some functionality. I couldn't really get a definitive answer on whether I would have to add after market amps to the system to get every speaker working. So I am just using the factory setup for now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, I have a 2010 EX-L without Navi. I started to look into it so I could have better Bluetooth for calls in the car, and didn't find a head unit I was willing to invest in at the time. I had also read some conflicting opinions on adding aftermarket head units with existing 7 channel speakers and losing some functionality. I couldn't really get a definitive answer on whether I would have to add after market amps to the system to get every speaker working. So I am just using the factory setup for now.
Ok thanks. For my trim, i have the stock Navi with a big useless screen now. I'm not sure if this Pioneer will be the best upgrade. I would really like is to use the existing big screen and upgrade just the system inside with CarPlay feature. Not sure if there is something like that in the market.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Try looking at Raspberry Pi Android Auto or Car Navigation projects. I found this one that uses the existing power to bypass to the computer in a Honda Accord. http://sysadm.mielnet.pl/honda-accord-raspberry-pi-based-onboard-computer/
I don't think there are any open-source ways to get CarPlay in your car without purchasing a special head unit, but if you are wanting to update your Navi screen to do a bit more, adding a Raspberry Pi may do the trick.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info. I will look into it and see if I can digest this setup. I have to do some research on the pilot version.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts