I had used a perfectly functional Apple USB cord to connect my iPhone to my Pilot, and all worked fine for months. CarPlay started to be less consistent and then suddenly wouldn't work at all. I of course didn't suspect the cord, although there were no other new variables -- operating-system upgrades, etc -- that had changed. So I went for months without it and even asked my dealer for ideas when I had my car in for an oil change. They suggested a factor re-set of the entire system. I tried that and it didn't work either. The I bought some new iPhone cords and just heppened to try a new one in my car. That was all it needed. CarPlay restored.