Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

161 - 180 of 341 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
continuing to learn here. Do we have to enable developers options in the "secret" menu? Reading on XDA it seems some people are doing this. Trying to determine if that is necessary and for what purpose. I've turned off restriction in the past but doesn't it reset back to normal when you restart the car?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks arkzrlo for this. I now can enjoy CarPlay on my 16 Pilot. I got my USB dongle from Amazon with same day delivery and 10% discount. (Can't share link as I'm a newbie)

I have a few questions.

1. Does anyone have an issue with iOS 12 beta 7? Mine doesn't work. It just shows connecting for a few seconds and then it disappears. I downgraded my phone to iOS 11.4.1 to get it to work.

2. Is the left USB port (1.5 V) the correct one? My phone battery got discharged about 6% (96% -> 90%) after using for about an hour. I am using the original lightning cable.

·
Registered
36 Posts
arkzrlo - Thank you. and others to testing,posting info.
About to buy the dongle and using the original 1 post link and it shows the dongle for $63.99 ( not @$50). Or i need to follow the XDA guide about the dongles and the matching apks ?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
fyi I've only been using Waze connected via hotspot to my cell phone. I haven't been using the dongle as I've found it unnecessary. I found out tonight that the hotspot will only connect to the phone that is connected via bluetooth. So when my wife and I got in the car, the car automatically picked up her bluetooth but would not connect to my hotspot. I had to turn on her hotspot to get Waze to update the route.

As for CarPlay I'm not sure what all the fuss is about?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Has anyone using AutoPlay and/or HondaHack been able to update their Garmin navigation to the new 2019 maps that were just released? I get a message that says "no space available on device" to proceed with update. I used HondaHack to clean internal storage and delete all other apps I had installed (except AutoPlay and HondaHack), but still no luck. Wondering if the rooting or something else I've done has caused Garmin updates to no longer work?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Updates

All - a couple of quick updates:

First, an update for HondaHack has been released (Honda Hack 4.2.8)
Second, Arkzrlo repacked the September update for AutoPlay - available at https://goo.gl/MdZv7X

Both updates seem to be stable - thanks to everyone for the ongoing development / support!

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Has anyone figured a way to get WAZE to get the proper day/night configuration working? When I got in the car at 3pm today Waze was on night mode which I can live with if necessary. Just wondering if I missed a setting somewhere.

·
Registered
639 Posts
It's seems to have a mind of its own. Fwiw the charger I rented had the same problem and I couldn't figure it out. It was stuck in day mode and was the equivalent of a spotlight in my face. I looked for a solution but never found one.
Has anyone figured a way to get WAZE to get the proper day/night configuration working? When I got in the car at 3pm today Waze was on night mode which I can live with if necessary. Just wondering if I missed a setting somewhere.
Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I guess better to be stuck in night mode. It wasn’t terrible during the day. For you stuck on day mode maybe you can play with the brightness setting at night. You probably did that already though. I feel like you and I are on UTC-5 but the app is on UTC-0

·
Registered
36 Posts
is the .img file working ?...i dont have a CD drive to burn image 2 disk.
Default Windows 10 'Mount' option errors out(Disk image file is corrupt). Could you please upload the files in zip format ?..i have even tried 7zip..still no luck
or Am i suppose to push the img file to the head unit.
I have follwed the steps and has applied the hack and Waze is running. Since i could not get the .img file opened i downloaded waze from one of the apk sites...( not sure if its a satable version)

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
The .img is only an update for the dongle. When inserted to the Dongle prior to plugging it in the left USB port you’ll get a message on startup of the head unit asking to update the Dongle.

What version of waze did you install? I’m wondering what is the most recent working version.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The .img is only an update for the dongle. When inserted to the Dongle prior to plugging it in the left USB port you’ll get a message on startup of the head unit asking to update the Dongle.

What version of waze did you install? I’m wondering what is the most recent working version.
I had downloaded waze 4.2.0.1 and seems to be working fine
(only if i remember to turn on the hotspot on my phone, head units connects before i launch waze - otherwise if there is no internet it crashes).
The vol buttons on the steering wheel do not work when Waze is running, but i believe i saw some posts about that..need to review that again.
So as for the .img file, thats only if/when i order the Carplay Dongle ? and when i have it i need to copy the .img file to a USB drive connect it in the Left USB port ? how would the file update the dongle while the usb drive(with the file) is connected ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
All - please be aware that the latest AutoPlay.apk does NOT support iOS12!

I upgraded my phone early and found this out the hard way - and reverting to iOS11 is no simple task....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
All - please be aware that the latest AutoPlay.apk does NOT support iOS12!

I upgraded my phone early and found this out the hard way - and reverting to iOS11 is no simple task....

It is weird. It works for me.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
Hmmmm..... Maybe it’s a phone / version thing? I’ve got a 6s (the iPhone Xs is on it’s way!) on iOS12 version 12.0 (16A366).

Could be. I have a iPhone 6 IOS 12.0 16A366 (with a XS on its way too :p) See picture attached, in case you didn't notice, Google Maps got updated with Carplay

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Anyone with an iPhone X upgrade to iOS12 yet and have AutoPlay/CarPlay still work on their Pilot?

·
Registered
12 Posts
iPhone X, upgraded to iOS12. CarPlay works after the update and Google Maps works too but somehow i do not have sound for turn by turn navigation on Google Maps.

161 - 180 of 341 Posts