Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

101 - 120 of 340 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
tried this from my desktop and laptop. Also tried using my phone as a hotspot. Then I tried to download the oneclick app again, maybe mine was not working right... and the XDA site and @pilotuser2016's google drive both say they have a virus and wont download it now.
Make sure sure anti-virus and firewall is disabled and ADB files copied to OnClick folder

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've uploaded a latest repacked apk (20180718) to the dropbox folder

Older software is inside "old" folder.

@yankeejatt try using the carplay.apk inside the folder above. If it does not work, check for duplicates in your whitelist.xml

Is this a newer version than your previously repacked apk? Just took the plunge with my HU (with your help!) and want to start off with the best experience!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Is this a newer version than your previously repacked apk? Just took the plunge with my HU (with your help!) and want to start off with the best experience!

Yes, this is repacked version of update that came up today (20180718).

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Thanks again! One other question - is there a quick “how to” for reverting the factory_reset.sh for whatever reason?

I would recommend to everybody to make a backup of the factory_reset.sh before you start this process using the windows command line, go to your OneClick folder and type:

adb connect 192.168.1.200 (use the ip of your pilot here)
adb pull /system/etc/factory_reset.sh

This will make a copy of the factory_reset.sh file on your PC in the Oneclick directory

and then you can proceed the Oneclick.

I you forgot to make a backup, you can either:

A-ask somebody to upload a copy of their factory_reset.sh (USE THE ONE THAT MATCHES YOUR MODEL AND TRIM!!) and push it to the headhunt using:

adb connect 192.168.1.200 (use the ip of your pilot here)
adb push /system/etc/factory_reset.sh

if you search on this thread on XDA https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/guide-how-to-gain-root-shell-2016-honda-t3487644/page45 there are several factory_reset.sh already uploaded

B- with the pro version of Hondahack there is an option to restore the factory_reset.sh

·
Registered
84 Posts
arkzrlo-

Getting an error message when trying to grab that file from dropbox -
Error (4xx) We can't find the page you're looking for.

Would you be kind enough to check your link to dropbox?

Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
arkzrlo-

Getting an error message when trying to grab that file from dropbox -
Error (4xx) We can't find the page you're looking for.

Would you be kind enough to check your link to dropbox?

Thanks
Fixed! It seems that the link got screwed when i copied it:p
https://goo.gl/MdZv7X
Let me know if you have more problems.

·
Registered
84 Posts
arkzrlo-

Little bit of help on the img file.... What does one need to do to 'unpack' or extract the contents of the Auto_Box_Update.img file please?

On a Windows computer and not used to seeing the .img file.

Thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
arkzrlo-

Little bit of help on the img file.... What does one need to do to 'unpack' or extract the contents of the Auto_Box_Update.img file please?

On a Windows computer and not used to seeing the .img file.

Thanks!
The img file is the firmware, that one is from 20170626. You just need to copy it to a usb thumb drive and attach it to the dongle connected to the car and with the app open. It will update the firmware of the dongle itself.

·
Registered
84 Posts
arkzrlo-. Your repacked file, does that work on a specific dongle, or, across the board?

Will it work on this dongle that I got through Ebay? Your input is appreciated! (I shortened the Ebay URL):

https://goo.gl/C6MfcP

Thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #113 (Edited)

·
Registered
17 Posts
CarPlay & Android Auto Dongle

Fixed! It seems that the link got screwed when i copied it

Let me know if you have more problems.

arkzrlo - have you noticed any stability issues with the new repacked apk? I had three calls - inbound and outbound where the other side couldn’t hear me. Thinking about reverting.....

UPDATE: doesn’t appear to be an apk thing. Reverted with the same result - sporadic issues with the distant end hearing my side of the discussion.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi KanataHonda85,
Will the Pro version also get rid of the "Default App message" that occurs before the "Click OK on startup warning screen?" I have the dongle connect all the time and don't disconnect it from the HU. Every time when starting the car, the "Default App message" occurs before "Click OK on startup warning screen"... Thanks
Hi @grohamns, sorry for the late reply. To be honest I am still waiting on the dongle I ordered from Ebay so I can try this. I will let you know when that happens. So far I've really only used HondaHack to get things ready for the AutoPlay and also to install other 3rd-party apps like Waze.

On a related note ... I was wondering if people uninstall their current AutoPlay.apk from the HU before installing the newer version(s) that @arkzrlo has published? This would be using the HondaHack install/uninstall function. Or is there an 'upgrade' process? I know the upgrade from within AutoPlay doesn't work...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Hi @grohamns, sorry for the late reply. To be honest I am still waiting on the dongle I ordered from Ebay so I can try this. I will let you know when that happens. So far I've really only used HondaHack to get things ready for the AutoPlay and also to install other 3rd-party apps like Waze.

On a related note ... I was wondering if people uninstall their current AutoPlay.apk from the HU before installing the newer version(s) that @arkzrlo has published? This would be using the HondaHack install/uninstall function. Or is there an 'upgrade' process? I know the upgrade from within AutoPlay doesn't work...

You can just install it over and it will update it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
CarPlay & Android Auto Dongle

arkzrlo - have you noticed any stability issues with the new repacked apk? I had three calls - inbound and outbound where the other side couldn’t hear me. Thinking about reverting.....

UPDATE: doesn’t appear to be an apk thing. Reverted with the same result - sporadic issues with the distant end hearing my side of the discussion.

I’m not sure if it uses the microphone from the car or the phone. I keep my phone fairly close and I haven’t noticed any trouble on phone calls

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’m not sure if it uses the microphone from the car or the phone. I keep my phone fairly close and I haven’t noticed any trouble on phone calls
I will experiment with phone placement, cords, etc. this weekend. The wife isn't pleased that I "hacked her car", so I needed to take a bit of a break. :)

One other question - I'm interested in trying to update the icon associated with the repacked APK (easy to do with the APK editor) to make it match with the other HU standard icons. Any ideas (short of taking a picture of the head unit) of capturing the existing icons so I can modify it for CarPlay?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Which .apk is the best one to install first after making a backup of the factory reset sh file?

Hondahack? Then you can install the rest of the apk files from a USB?

If you’re planning on buying HondaHack, start there. Connect the car to WiFi, follow the instructions on the website and then you’ll have HondaHack installed. Then it’s easy to add the AutoPlay.apk and voila...

101 - 120 of 340 Posts