Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
361 - 375 of 375 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Will do. In regards to the USB pop-ups, maybe it will be helpful to compile a list of what's been tried and see if we can generate some ideas of what to try next.

I'm having the issue with the Carlinkit Wireless Carplay Dongle ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083XH9LKS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 )
Has anyone out there gotten a different wireless carplay dongle to work without the USB pop-up message every time you start your car?

I've only been able to successfully install two versions of AutoKit from the Honda Hack online install store, but neither has resolved the issue. I haven't been able to install the latest version of AutoKit (2020.06.11.0912) and can't get APK Icon Editor to work because it gives me an error when trying to Pack the APK ("Apktool Error"). Has anyone successfully been able to repack and install this version yet?

I have also installed the following versions of HondaHack without resolving the issue:

I also am not able to install ANY version of AutoPlayBox.apk or Carplay.apk from this thread. Has anyone been able to install these through the HondaHack Installer? If not, how have people been installing these APKs successfully? I am getting the error "Installation failed - Failure -[Install_failed_internal_error]", or it will not give an error message and will just remove the installed version without installing the new APK.

I've gone into the Pilot's developer menus and into the Android settings and observed that the USB default open will get added to the AutoKit app, but it will reset upon restart. Is there a way to force the OS to remember the association, or to not prompt when inserted?

I have disabled USB debugging in the hidden system menus without luck.

I have tried every fathomable combination of settings within AutoKit settings with no luck.

Does anyone have any insight as to whether or not this is an AutoKit problem, or a Honda Hack problem?

Lastly, I asked codeage and he's aware of the problem but said "It's a system problem and we have not found a solution yet"

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was having a similar problem installing the autokit.apk (install greyed out, failed internal error when trying from USB with Honda hack). However, I was able to install the autokit from hondahack's online apps.

I am still having problems with the autokit popups for USB Everytime I start, but everything else seems to be working. Thinking about trying to update, but that doesn't seem to fix it according to everyone else...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the same issue,. I haven't tried all your possible solutions, but have uninstalled and re-installed with no luck. Let me know if anyone comes up with a solution.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wanted to report my success story of using Honda Hack Pro on a 2016 Honda Pilot EX-L and got CarPlay working
using the AutoKit installer built into Honda Hack.

I bought the USB CarPlay adapter from amazon at Amazon.com: Carlinkit USB Car Play Dongle Electronics Cable Connector (HW01-01), White: Electronics "Carlinkit USB Car Play Dongle Electronics Cable Connector (HW01-01)"

Here is a picture of it running:
Good to know it’s working, any specific instructions, I’m trying to install my but don’t have any luck.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Good to know it’s working, any specific instructions, I’m trying to install my but don’t have any luck.
I just ordered the black Carlinkit wired dongle this week and installed it with the AutoKit app through Honda Hack Pro. I couldn't get any of the apk's shared here or on the Carlinkit site to work. They sometimes wouldn't install ("INSTALL_FAILED_INTERNAL_ERROR"), one installed but kept crashing, and the other installed, but gave the "unauthorized product" error, even though it's an authorized product.

Finally, I bought the Honda Hack Pro app, since I saw some others here say that was the only way they could get it to work. I installed Honda Hack Pro version and installed the AutoKit app through the list of apps in Honda Hack. It seems to be working well. I have the "default app/default behavior" dialog boxes like everyone else. It's definitely a lot better than installing the apps directly to the headunit. Much more smooth and responsive.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My new head unit (in a 2007 Mini Cooper) auto-launches AutoPlay and gets the same popup for confirmation. My fingers are crossed that someone finds a workaround to prevent/dismiss the popup, or we get an update to the apps that prevents the popup.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has anyone been able to figure out a workaround to update to the latest AutoKit apk? My current version is 2019.08.12 but the software tells me that 2020.09.23 is available. Same grayed out install button that I have seen others mention.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Perhaps we need to install an older version of the AutoKit APK that's newer than the HondaHack but older than latest? I also can't install latest as it throws an error on install.. anyone find a newer working APK?

My AutoKit app keeps randomly crashing and it's driving me nuts. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
When installing via Honda hack, I get an install fail and have to reinstall the 2018 version from the online source. When installing from USB Apps I get the “cancel” option, but the “install” option is greyed out (disabled).
I have the exact same issue. For me the ability to update the AutoKit software is more urgent, as that app keeps freezing. When it does my kids chime in from the back, “Papa, the map is frozen.” The only solution is to use the Honda Hack app to reboot the headunit (Error Fixing→Reboot).

My hope is that being able to install a later version would fix those freezes. Could the reason that more recent versions don’t install be that the headunit’s Android version is too old for the newer version of AutoKit?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone...resurrecting this thread with a question. I have this working in my 2016 EX-L...I am facing the same popup issues mentioned here. But I also have an issue where while CarPlay is loading, the Android calculator app launches. Has anyone else seen that and fixed it? Sorry if I am bringing up something already talked about. I did a lot of searching and didn't find anything.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone...resurrecting this thread with a question. I have this working in my 2016 EX-L...I am facing the same popup issues mentioned here. But I also have an issue where while CarPlay is loading, the Android calculator app launches. Has anyone else seen that and fixed it? Sorry if I am bringing up something already talked about. I did a lot of searching and didn't find anything.
I think I figured it out. Had to delete Google services.

·
Registered
2016 Honda Pilot Touring AWD
1 Posts
Okay I bought this dongle: Amazon.com: USB Wired carplay USB dongle Adapter Android auto carplay Receiver Box for Android Head Unit Multimedia Stereo Support mirroring Navigation (Black with mic) : Electronics

I installed HHP and AutoKit and I can get Android Auto running. I have two major issues:

1. I cannot get audio to work through AA at all. If I disable/delete Bluetooth and switch to audio apps, I can get music to play for a second before it abruptly stops. If bluetooth is enabled, it says it's playing but it's silent. The stock audio apps (fm/am/sxm) don't work in this case.

2. Weird popup with navigation buttons (back/home/reload)

Any thoughts?
I have the same issue with the audio on my 2016 touring. Used the black carlinkit dongle from Amazon. I already had the Honda hack pro and autokit app, so installation went smoothly. Google maps seems to work and my phone recognizes android auto mode, but music plays for one second then stops. Also the audio from the radio does not switch to audio coming from my phone.

I'm not sure about calls yet, but I'll be testing soon.

Anyone having similar issues?

361 - 375 of 375 Posts